Order Drain plug LED light for my Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgoyal

I've bought 2 of these lights for my C180SE. I'll let you know if it fits.. These are 3X3W (9W) drain plug light.

Since I sell led speaker/cup holder rings. One of my supplier, also sell Underwater light so I asked them to send me these. If it works. I might order bunch of them (group buy)

Attachments

• 3X3_drain_plug_blue.jpg
    3X3_drain_plug_blue.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 344
  • 3X3_drain_plug.jpg
    3X3_drain_plug.jpg
    881.5 KB · Views: 271
I suppose cosmetically its interesting.

But you'd have to run the wire thru the drain and allow for removal of the plug. Plus the potential of leaking exists, which defeats the purpose behin the plug.

Don't mean to bash it, just not my thing I guess.

I suppose cosmetically its interesting.

But you'd have to run the wire thru the drain and allow for removal of the plug. Plus the potential of leaking exists, which defeats the purpose behin the plug.

Don't mean to bash it, just not my thing I guess.

Don't worry.. I'm worried as you are. One of my friend owns Moomba and he got in his boat for long time. So I was like, I'm gonna give it a shot too.

It would replace my existing plastic drain plug. So hoping that It won't be an issue.

They tried to deliver it today but I wasn't at home, so they gonna come tomorrow or I'll pick on Friday and install over the weekend.

DHL sucks, they had my phone in case of emergency buy they never called. I never have that kinda issue with Fedex.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the light today and tested at home.. going to test on the boat tomorrow/Saturday (if weather permits)

3W BLUE
277.jpg

9W White
278.jpg

9W Blue
279.jpg

280.jpg

Damn!! those look slick... Let us know how well you can see them in the water at night. Maybe a photo or two. I might have to buy one of those if it works for you. Thanks for being the one to test them out!!

Damn!! those look slick... Let us know how well you can see them in the water at night. Maybe a photo or two. I might have to buy one of those if it works for you. Thanks for being the one to test them out!!

I'm testing those so I can sell myself in the future. Haha
I sell most of my product to moomba, mastercraft, yamaha and supra..

I just did a big group buy on underwater light on master craft

I'll keep you updated.

I just noticed that our sea doo drain plug is plastic and thread is different. I'm going to order garboard drain plug with 1/2" NPT and would post pic after that.

Samsung S4...

I'm waiting for garboard drain plug. Looks like I'd have to make one extra hole to put that drain plug. I got these leds now.

404.jpg

405.jpg

Samsung S4...

Got a Garboard Drain base. I just tested at home and it fits perfectly.... I'd try to put on the Boat if weather permits.

419.jpg

380lumen is very bright. Most of the LED Surefire lights are only 200lumen. That should show up even in murky water. With that installed do you think there will be an issue removing it as I like to pull my drain plug every time the boat goes on the trailer?

380lumen is very bright. Most of the LED Surefire lights are only 200lumen. That should show up even in murky water. With that installed do you think there will be an issue removing it as I like to pull my drain plug every time the boat goes on the trailer?
Yes, 380 has to be a lot brighter (new type of LEDs). The earlier pix I put it. Blue had only 120-130 lumens but was still bright.

During my testing on garboard drain base last night, it's so EASY to put and remove from the drain plug. Also, I pull my drain plug everytime I come out of lake (ASAP)

What kind of price are you looking at on these and will the newer/brighter version be available in Blue?

Yes, I got these lights in Blue, Green and white. These lights sell around $149-$199 but for boating member, I'm doing it around $120 plus usps shipping cost (whatever they charge -$5-$6)

519.jpg

520.jpg

Samsung S4...

Yes, I got these lights in Blue, Green and white. These lights sell around $149-$199 but for boating member, I'm doing it around $120 plus usps shipping cost (whatever they charge -$5-$6)
Samsung S4...

I would be interested. So summarize what you have done: 1) Bought a new LED light 2) Bought a drain plug hold to match 3) Installed both. Any details on electrical? So if you sell the kits, do you include the drain plug hole?

I would be interested. So summarize what you have done: 1) Bought a new LED light 2) Bought a drain plug hold to match 3) Installed both. Any details on electrical? So if you sell the kits, do you include the drain plug hole?

1) Bought new Drain plug light
2) Bought drain plug (http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_12571_-1__?N=635907666)
3) Bought Drain plug stopper from Home depot $1.50
3) Removed the existing drain plug and install the new one (took 5 minutes or less)
4) I already have LED speaker rings connected to my Courtesy lights, So I used the same switch to power my Drain plug light.

Since Drain plugs are available in most of the Marine store such as Academy sports and WestMarine. So I don't sell them.

Awesome writeup. And thank you for following up on my post. I like those lights as they have enough metal to transfer the heat away from the LED. I have seen some home made versions where they drill out the plastic plug and silicone the LED in place. Those a bit dubious for my taste both in heat transfer and seal.

Now what is a "Bought Drain plug block from Home depot $1.50" and why did you need it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back