Old ski, new to FL saltwater - looking for advice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gtbuzzzz

A few years back I picked up a 2001 & 2002 GTI (717) and with the help of this forum and youtube, I did a full engine rebuild on the 2001 and some much needed clean up and tweaking on the 2002. I've been enjoying them at the lake ever since. About a month ago I moved to SWFL (Cape Coral area) with water all around me, but saltwater. After a bunch of research it seems like I should be fine to enjoy the salt life so long as I do a good flush and rinse everything off real good after a ride and lube it up. I got myself a bottle of salt away for flushing and rinsing. My concern is that the water at the house is well water. The water goes through a filter/softener but still has a good bit of mineral deposits and some residual salt content. I am a bit paranoid about messing up my 20yr old machines in the salt conditions.

I'd like to hear from my fellow 2-strok salt riders. Is there anything additional I need to think about or do? Am I overthinking the well water issue? Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
GTA

All you can do is flush and wash with salt-away. Once done spray the metal with a corrosion protectant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back