No start, no beep, no click. Been troubleshooting for hours.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

eskay

2003 gti won't beep or click upon key being placed on post. I have a second gti (2005) which I've been troubleshooting parts with.
I switched the mpem, battery and the entire rear electrical box to the other jetski...worked fine. I've tested the dess post and key as seen in every youtube video. Tested the start/stop button. Checked all the fuses 1 in rear electrical box, 1 by battery (not sure where it goes), 4 on mpem. Still no beep or click sound from the cut off relay, and no movement in the gas gauage like on the other jetski.

Last edited:
Sounding like something on the wiring harness is broken or not connected. I'm not to good with the wiring but you could check to see if everything is connected.

Do you know if beeper is working? Honestly mine isn't reliable at beeping when I put the key in, not sure why, but she starts up reliably. I would start from the key and work backwards myself.
Do you get the gauges/info center to light up when you press the start button without the key in? I also thought there was a way to press the start button and it display any issues, look in the book for that?
Have you tested the solenoid?
Always check all your grounds, clean them and reinstall. Check the ground wires as well.
Are you sure the key is programmed for that MPEM?

The fuel baffle could be not sending anything to the gas gauge causing it not to move so that isn't a reliable way to see if it turns on. There should be a main power supply somewhere in the front of the ski you could test that to see it is getting any power.

Do you know if beeper is working? Honestly mine isn't reliable at beeping when I put the key in, not sure why, but she starts up reliably. I would start from the key and work backwards myself.
Do you get the gauges/info center to light up when you press the start button without the key in? I also thought there was a way to press the start button and it display any issues, look in the book for that?
Have you tested the solenoid?
Always check all your grounds, clean them and reinstall. Check the ground wires as well.
Are you sure the key is programmed for that MPEM?
I wasn't really listening for the beeper. I was hoping to hear a click from the cut off relay like in the other jetski. I couldn't get the working jetski's gauage to come on without the key, so I didn't even try. I switched the mpem to the other jetski and the key worked fine. I also switched the entire rear electrical box to the other jetski which worked, so it can't be the solenoid.

Considering you have another ski that you can test stuff in you could check that ski since its working and make sure all the connections look the same on the one you are having problems with. From what I've looked at I think there is 1 small ground that is on the main wiring harness and that is most likely your problem. If that is connected then you most likely have a break in the wiring harness somewhere.

Can you swap out wiring harnesses? Tedious but if you aren't good at chasing down or have the time it will take to chase down electrical issues, that might be faster!

Can you swap out wiring harnesses? Tedious but if you aren't good at chasing down or have the time it will take to chase down electrical issues, that might be faster!
I think the other has an extra plug in there somewhere not sure if it can be switched

the wiring harness's should be the same I think, you might be missing something on the one that isn't working. What do you think the extra plug goes to on the working one?

the wiring harness's should be the same I think, you might be missing something on the one that isn't working. What do you think the extra plug goes to on the working one?
What I thought was another plug appears to be an extension for the rectifier. Not sure why there would be an extension, it reaches just fine.

I just pulled out the main wire harness. When my uncle gets home we're gonna test it with his multimeter.

Just tested the entire main wire harness and have continuity. Now I'm really lost lmao.

Most likely your dress post or your stop start, or could be a ground that isn't grounding not sure. Are any of the grounds corroded? Also a connection on the engine like the temp sensor or the stator could be interfering with the mpem causing it to not work. I think you could unplug them and try but that might not work, You could test that on the other machine you know that works and see if it still turns over and if it does test it on the one that isn't working.

Last edited:
Back