New to SeaDoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mar-10s

Hello everyone,

I would like to say thank you to all for the many great reads I have come across since owning a pwc. I live in the Clermont Fl. area

I picked up a 2001 GTI I believe a 717 engine, sticker says 718cc engine? end of Nov.2015 from an extended family member. I believe it was mostly in salt water, coming from the west coast. Also it sat outside for a few months. (battery dead at time of pick up ) was told 1yr old starter installed. Has a few scratches/scuffs, seats redone recently year or two by jetsports. Other than that decent shape. Garage kept since I have had it. (and will be)

Let me mention that the engine is grey, the exhaust manifold is white and the exhaust pipe is black.

I have gone through it since then doing the "many things" suggested in the threads posted by the great experienced people in this forum.

THINGS I HAVE DONE:
New Battery, grey fuel lines out, fuel selector cleaned out, fuel filter good, new plug wires and plugs, drained gas tank, oil injector gone went with block off plate (ethanol free gas from now on) mix 40:1 right now still in first tank of gas since block off installed, carb gone through/rebuild, new Needle n Seat, new jets both main and pilot, cleaned out bilge boxes, put in new bilge tubing, found a hood with working gauges MPH and fuel oil indicator.

ALL OF MY TESTING AND TUNING HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE LAKE UNDER LOAD
To my knowledge from manuals I have found online 717 engine with a Mikuni BN40I-38-48 have not verified that?

WHERE IT IS AT RIGHT NOW:
Starts right up no touch throttle or choke revs to steady idle cruises nice and smooth in no wake speeds
I have returned carb to OEM specs by going with a 75 Pilot 167.5 Main 2.0 N/S pop off is consistent 22psi tested 4x LOW speed out right at 1 3/4 HIGH speed out just a bit past 1. I have great low to mid range transition gets up on plane then no faster then 25mph

This is where my question is and not sure what "section" to post in Fuel System, Carb section, Accelerator Pump Section

Please point me right direction lol

Welcome to the best place to get info. It sounds like you are on the right track and have some ability to tweek and test. If nobody replies to your thread, Send a Personal Message to one of the guys administrating this site and they will probably know how to proceed. All the threads aren't titled properly so you need to read any that interest you. You are a lot farther along than I am. Keep up the good work and you'll know your ski inside and out and you'll be able to help someone else. Have a great summer. Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back