new to me challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanSquires

Hey all,
So I recently acquired a 97 Challenger that had (has) a few issues.. all of which I've (mostly) taken care of.
Typical stuff really, carbs required a rebuild, it wasn't winterized so the front cylinder was cracked and needed welded up, welch plug welded, gas gauge didn't work, rectifier was garbage, other misc stuff.. no biggie. The scupper leaks into the bow, which drives me nuts but it's just something I will take care of in the off season, and the seats need recovered and needs a good turf job. I'd rather flip it and pick up an 1800 project, but the wife absolutely loves the little boat so it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

So I take it out, runs great, but man does it take off slow. Now I understand it's an underpowered boat, and that's ok.. it is what it is. But what I'd really like to know is, does anyone have the secret impeller forumla for throwing an RFI pump on one of these boats, and was there much improvement?

Also, is there any reason Sea Doo did not add bailers to boats? It's got a properly functioning bilge pump, but there's always a bit of water that it cannot pick up and that drives me absolutely nuts. It's not a matter of fixing where the water comes from, I know... it's more of an OCD for me.
Pic of boat, because who doesn't like a pic.

FB_IMG_1498242747225.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back