New to Forum

Loner Abbott

Well here goes. First I do not have or ride a PWC. I ride and build trikes and that is where my questions are comming from. I wanted to change from 6 carbs to 2. I found what I think or can find out a set of carbs from a SeaDoo 951 about 1998. I built a set of manifolds for them to mount on the outside of gas tank. My problem now is where and how do all the lines hook up. Is there someplace that I can go where I can find pictures of all the lines and where they go. Is there anyone out there that can help or even think that this will work? If you can help post back or call me at 559 310 5792
Thanks Loner

Thanks for the reply. I found that fiche but still can not figure it out. The plastic T that is on the cable pull carb. I have it hooked up to the other carb but where does it go from there? Is the big tube by the cable pull the main gas in or the bent tube that is marked fuel on the back side of carb? can I hook the pulse line to a vacume at the manifold? OR should I just scrap the whole idea?
Thanks again Loner

Nope. The pulse line is not "Vac". It needs a pulse (Vac/pressure) to drive a diaphragm, to pump fuel. These are "Regulator" carbs, so they require pressurized fuel. They won't work like a float bowl, with gravity feed. On a 2-stroke... it's easy to find a pulse. Just tap the crank case. On a 4-stroke... it's not as easy since you have to vent the lower half so you don't blow the seals out.

You may need to use an electric fuel pump... but you will have to play with the pressure/volume to get things running right.

But... yes, the nipple by the throttle arm is your "Feed". Then depending on the pump and covers... there is a bypass to feed the second carb, and then a return. The return has a restriction in it, so some fuel can go back to the tank... but still be able to build pressure in the carb. Both returns are "T-ed" together, and one hose returns to the tank.

Thanks so much for the reply. Guess I will just scrap that idea. Just found 2 webers off a VW that I know I can use. Know anybody that needs a good set of carbs cheap?
Thanks Loner

Back