New here, supercharger failure...need input

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would try to find a nice day to go for a quick ride just to make sure everything is good again. You don't want to pull it out next spring and have to bring it back to the shop again because something is not right.

That's what I was thinking. Especially since a lot of rebuilt motors come with like a 25-50 hour and 3 to 6 month warranty on them. I'd bundle up like the Michelin Man and ride that thing for at least the five hour break in period. Then, change the oil before letting it sit for the winter.

Went ahead and ran it Saturday for 5 hours. My brother and I took turns and thought that there was a lot of whine/hiss, which I expect to be from the SC. Neither of us really remembering hearing that sound before, or at least it being sooo much more audible.

Once you are out of warranty use Kiene Recreation in Pandora OH. They are great. I had a Seadoo super charger blow the gear off. They pulled the engine cleaned it out and went all thru it and had it back to me in 2 weeks. During mid summer! They know Seadoo inside and out. They are seasoned mechanics and do major engine work all the time. Most are scared off by engine tear downs. And they are not over priced! About 1/2 the cost of dealer. Alot of dealer techs only know how to read a scanner and swap the part that it tells you to.

Went ahead and ran it Saturday for 5 hours. My brother and I took turns and thought that there was a lot of whine/hiss, which I expect to be from the SC. Neither of us really remembering hearing that sound before, or at least it being sooo much more audible.

Good job man! I know it's cold in your neck of the woods!

So how did she do?

Just logged back in. Haha. It ran great. It does have more of a noticeable supercharger whine/hiss than it ever did before. I assume that's normal.

Question for you guys, just how bad is wave jumping on these supercharged models? I like to play, but am worried that a SC model is not optimal for that. Wondering if a NA Seadoo would be better. I mean, I don't anticipate putting more than 20 hours on, with only a handful of hours jumping any waves. I don't want to risk another grenade, yet also not sure I want to spend a few hundred dollars for a SC rebuild every year. Anyone care to explain your riding styles?

When wave jumping, make sure you aren't revving it up in the air. This is hard on the sc since when it lands it will make the sc slip due to quick reduction in rpms which causes wear to the sc washers. A little bit is unavoidable but just get off the throttle once air born.

Thanks! Yeah, that's exactly what I do. I just was worried that that would have been the original problem. After snowmobiling last weekend, I am ready to go out jet skiiing on Erie this coming year. Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back