Mystery hose and vacuum lines

AJF22

Hi I’m new to jet skis and I just got gifted a 2001 GTX Di and I’ve read how everyone just “loves” them.
It won’t start, but I’ve been narrowing down and fixing problems. The ski turns over really good with a new battery, compression is 130 on both cylinders, I just rebuilt the fuel pump and its components including replacing the fuel filter, just slowly working.
The first picture are the vacuum lines going to the RAVE and I noticed they are very hard (plastic like) and smooth like a straw. Reading on various forums, people say they can not be replaced with auto parts 4.3mm (3/16”) vacuum lines, why? So I’m hoping a member here might have an idea on what the "technical" name of this kind of vacuum line is and why the auto parts vacuum lines are not suggested??
Right now my local power sport shop wants $50 for 2 feet and buying the lines online is less expensive, but takes awhile to get to me.

The second picture is a hose I found, a soft hose, laying under the motor on the portside. I’m assuming this one is either an oil or fuel line and I want to know if anyone knows what it is and where does this hose go?
Thx

Attachments

• IMG_1456.jpeg
    IMG_1456.jpeg
    1,000 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1459.jpeg
    IMG_1459.jpeg
    791.1 KB · Views: 12
I beleive those hard plastic lines carry more pressure/vacuum than automotive lines. I think you can still buy them for $10 online (PN 270000471). Have you measured your air pressure to the air/fuel rail? Or measured your fuel pressure? You need 80 psi air presure and 27 psi ABOVE that (107 psi) for the fuel pressure. I don't know if those damaged lines to the RAVE valves would affect the air rail pressure.

As already said, the other pic is of the battery vent line. The white plastic guide/retainer for it is shown right above the line (in pic), the red text sticker on the battery probably tells you to attach it right there. Most people have gotten away from the flooded lead/acid batteries and just use the AGM sealed type that don't need this line. I see you have the old style battery that needs it.

Last edited:
Back