MY Seadoo is Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTRFWLR

My so called "family fun investment" - 1996 Seadoo Challenger is a piece of garbage. Where to begin........ After initial purchase had it on water for 10 minutes and started hearing a loud knocking. Trailered boat to mechanic, apparently I sucked something through the worthless grate and caused $400 in damage.

2nd time out - Began to smell smoke, looked back to see exhaust hose had a hole in it. As I got closer to ramp, noticed an immediate loss of power. Opened hatch and noticed a dime size hole in tuning pipe (water filling compartment).

3rd time out - Sucked bow line through worthless grate - My fault

4th time out - TODAY - Ran awesome only to begin to smell smoke again. This time I found a burning cooling line leading from the tuning pipe to the flow regulator. I loss any forward progress. But I would say that hose isnt the issue.

Forsale -
1996 Seadoo interior/exterior flawless. Engine has 135/132 Compression. Paid $3800, have $4500 in it will take $3400.

Please come and take it.

Yamaha here I come!!!!!!!!!!

They are only as good as you treat them and operate. My boat is flawless and runs like a top every time. I have never had a problem sucking stuff into it because I watch for stuff and avoid it.

OK... I agree... Seadoo has a bunch of things that I think the engineers need slapped for... but......

Your an I--t. You buy a 14 year old boat and expect it to be flawless. Go spend $40,000 on a new boat, and then if you have problems... you will have a dealer to cry on.

1) You sucked something up. That's your dumb a$$ fault.

2) It's an old boat... did you check the cooling hoses/system??? No.

3) See #1

4) See #2.

And since it's only showing 135 psi... you obviously didn't check it out very well. That engine is going to need a rebuild in the near future.

Basically... you caused your own damage, and are blaming the boat with #1 and #3. AND... #2, #4 are the same problem. Flush the system, and replace the regulator.

Please buy your Yamaha and stop whining. :rolleyes: :rant:

OK... I agree... Seadoo has a bunch of things that I think the engineers need slapped for... but......

Your an I--t. You buy a 14 year old boat and expect it to be flawless. Go spend $40,000 on a new boat, and then if you have problems... you will have a dealer to cry on.

1) You sucked something up. That's your dumb a$$ fault.

2) It's an old boat... did you check the cooling hoses/system??? No.

3) See #1

4) See #2.

And since it's only showing 135 psi... you obviously didn't check it out very well. That engine is going to need a rebuild in the near future.

Basically... you caused your own damage, and are blaming the boat with #1 and #3. AND... #2, #4 are the same problem. Flush the system, and replace the regulator.

Please buy your Yamaha and stop whining. :rolleyes: :rant:

x2 Couldn't be said any better. :cheers:

Glad i am not the only one who is getting tired of people coming on to make their first post to bash the brand as a whole. Maybe if they came here before and did some research before they bought a 10 year + old boat they wouldnt get ripped off.

You guys are a bunch of tools. To call names to someone who post feelings about their purchase are a bunch of losers.

Allow me to let you in on a little something....... I did do a water test. It was sound from what I could tell. I bought this boat to please the kids. Trust me, I have already been in discussions with a 2 different dealers to upgrade to either a Scarrab or a Baja. (A Real Mans Boat). Seadoo's are a toy.

As far as sucking something up, your right I probably did. But do you think an Engineer with any clue would have created a system to disallow this from happening???? Seadoo's are JUNK. 14 years old???? Sh!t, my JAPANESE made quad is 20 years old and runs like brand new.

BTW - I am an Engineer with many, many patents. My designs are made to be flawless.

Let me help you out......... Seadoo should be called Seadoodoo........

I think that'll about cover this topic. Thread closed, and retitled "MY Seadoo is Garbage"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back