Magnesium Anodes?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

TomKat 300

2021 RXT 300 X
Does anyone offer magnesium anodes for this ski.
All I find is Zinc...
The ski is used in a freshwater lake exclusively
My nozzle and all iBR components are blistering with corrosion, the anodes look fine
Zinc is fine for Saltwater but don't do much in freshwater.

Any help appreciated

your post got me intrigued as I'm a fresh water rider and didn't notice that the anodes were zinc... I couldn't find a direct replacement but i was thinking that you could get a magnesium anode rod from a water heater and make one.

your post got me intrigued as I'm a fresh water rider and didn't notice that the anodes were zinc... I couldn't find a direct replacement but i was thinking that you could get a magnesium anode rod from a water heater and make one.
I couldn't find any direct replacements either, however I found some low profile Mag Anodes from a small Honda outboard.
I had to counter-bore one for the rearmost anode to insure it cleared the IBR gimbal.
The anodes are shown in place without the gimbal installed.
Because that gimbal is electrically isolated due to the plastic bushings, I'm having it powder-coated.
I put a touch counter-bore on the Diffuser after I cleaned and painted it to bond it to the jet pump since the pump has an anode.
I just need to figure out how to get an anode for the intercooler, perhaps the water heater anode would work, i'll look into it

Attachments

• Mag Anodes.jpg
    Mag Anodes.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Mag Anodes Installed.jpg
    Mag Anodes Installed.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Diffuser C-Bore.jpg
    Diffuser C-Bore.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 3
Got the Powder Coated Gimbal back and installed.
The sand blasting really pot marked the corroded spots.
Hopefully this will protect the aluminum going forward.

Attachments

• PC Gimbal I.jpg
    PC Gimbal I.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 1
  • PC Gimbal II.jpg
    PC Gimbal II.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 1
  • PC Gimbal III.jpg
    PC Gimbal III.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 1
Back