Looking for rectifier/ regulator for 2000 Seadoo RX 951 Carb model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbonegreek

Hi anyone know the part number for the regulator?
I have not been able to locate any part numbers?
Also is there a way to cross reference the part numbers between skis to see if another one will fit?
Thanks.

I would check all connections first. I had one in my shop the guy thought thats what was needed and we put the external kit in. It put the light out, and lasted about 5 hours and then lost spark. The ground wire had broke inside the mag housing and put enough stress on it to burn out the MPEM.

Sabrtoothsgrl,
It starts right up and runs fine.
When in the water the ski acts like it wants to go!!
But after the first 100 yards it bogs down and stalls.
starts right up but will only go 10mph and rpm's hit about 3000 tops.
carbs are fine.
The link you sent me does not have any external rectifiers.
Thanks for the info.

Sure sounds like carbs to me...rectifiers are usually up in the 5k rpm range and the low voltage light is on all the time.

Well, what you need to do is simple. get a voltage meter.

Read you battery with the ski off. (post results)
start ski on trailer (shouldn't need water, only run for test, should be 20 sec max).
read the voltage level now. should be 13-15 (I don't have the FSM open at moment)
rev ski to 3k, should be same voltage or close.

Basically we are looking for the battery to be 11-13v with ski off and it to show 13-15 with the ski on.

if that occurs, your charging system is at least working. so, I'm inclined to think it's something else... but you may be right, and in limp mode.

First link should be
http://epc.brp.com/

the second link is correct, it gives you a history of the problem and this persons solution... it's a rectifier...?

Of course this testing will only tell you if you have a problem, more testing will be needed to determine cause... stator/magneto /MPEM/ etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Sabr
Reading with ski off is 12 and with ski running it is still 12. No Maint or red light when engine is running.
thanks for your help.

Hi,
Thanks for the help guys.
Yes it appears the charging system is working.
Could a cracked crank shaft seal leaking air cause this??
Or any other thoughts?
Thanks guys.
:thumbsup:

If you have a bad seal it will either run like crap down low, or rev out of control.

Again...its either in the carbs, or maybe you have a bad reed petal.

Were the carbs just "gone thru" or rebuilt using genuine kits and needles & seats?

Minnetonka4me, There have been a two occasions where running the ski on the trailer that it revved up and ran away. Pulled the lanyard off and it kept running. Only way it would shut down is by hitting the throttle. Not to good of a sight. or sound... I went thru the carbs and cleaned and blew out with air pressure.

I have read that the 951 is kind of prown to running away for no reason due to the way they are set up.

When I do carbs I use new genuine kits and needles and seats.

Make sure one of the carb to mani gaskets didnt misalign when you were reinstalling the carbs. That happens alot although the 951s have those locating pins.

If your ski 'runs away' on trailer pull the CHOKE.
Pulling the lanyard, spark plug wires, or shutting of the gas will not work. I know. I ruined a top end and a crank. (but not in the same rebuild).

The PTO is perfect at 150, the mag one is ok but you are over the edge of the 10% difference in PSI. 138+10%=151.8psi.
Have you pulled the head off yet to look inside?

Hi
I ran the compression test again front cylinder is 138 rear is 150.
I added a few drops of oil in front cylinder ran compression test and jumped up to 160.
Any ideas?
Thanks

adding oil like that will almost always mask problems... if the compression is different enough between them it will cause issues... eventually damaging something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back