Looking for a can I can pressurize and spray with..

Coastiejoe

I'm at 35,000 feet shopping, looking for a can that I can put a liquid in and then add air to it so I can pressurize it and then spray the contents.

Not finding anything, let me know if you find something. I still have 6 more hours of flight left,,,

Thanks..

Fun flight? I'm in Manhattan this week.

Harbor Freight use to sell one cheep... but glad you found the spray can.

Flight was fine,,, no issues, so I guess that's fine.

It cost me $140 as I bought the can, Salt Away, 6-56, and two battery shut-off switches.

But I do enjoy wifi at 35,000 feet over the ocean,,,

what are you going to do with the can, make your own aerosol sprayer?

I was at the auto parts wholesaler back in 2015 and bought every can of crc they had on the shelf (clearance), under $3 each, hell of a deal , I gave several away, only have 3 left, kind of regretting giving away so many :(

Much easier to get the crevices with the aerosol cans vs the windex bottle.

Salt-a-way is good stuff. I remember when it came out. When I was a teen... in socal... I would use it on my old Stand-up ski's. You would have never of known I used them in the ocean. (This was the late 80's, early 90's)

I get home on Sat from NY/Manhattan. I think the next job is New Orleans. But, I think I'm not going to that. My next "Set in stone" is DC Hyatt on Aug 1st. Then there's a job in Minneapolis, but the GM there keeps bumping the date, and then their legal team started screwing with my contract... so I told them to shove it. (LOL) I think the owners are finally dropping the hammer, and the GM may just lose his job over this. (we were originally supposed to be there last November)

Oh... and I have to be in Colorado springs again the second week of August.

I'll let you know if I get down your way again. I think there's something in Orlando... and I need to do a re-visit to Coral Gabbles. We lost the Miami Viceroy. Actually... Peablebrook sold it. But that's ok... their contract was almost done.

what are you going to do with the can, make your own aerosol sprayer?.

Yep. I have a compressor so that is exactly what I'm going to do.

I compared the aerosol cans (5oz) compared to a gallon cost. It cost $1.30 for the aerosol can per ounce and 25 cents per ounce in the gallon.

The savings is so great that the cost of the refillable aerosol can is covered at the 72 ounce mark. Since there is 128 ounces in a gallon, this was a no brainier.

Salt-a-way is good stuff. I remember when it came out. When I was a teen... in socal... I would use it on my old Stand-up ski's. You would have never of known I used them in the ocean. (This was the late 80's, early 90's)

I get home on Sat from NY/Manhattan. I think the next job is New Orleans. But, I think I'm not going to that. My next "Set in stone" is DC Hyatt on Aug 1st. Then there's a job in Minneapolis, but the GM there keeps bumping the date, and then their legal team started screwing with my contract... so I told them to shove it. (LOL) I think the owners are finally dropping the hammer, and the GM may just lose his job over this. (we were originally supposed to be there last November)

Oh... and I have to be in Colorado springs again the second week of August.

I'll let you know if I get down your way again. I think there's something in Orlando... and I need to do a re-visit to Coral Gabbles. We lost the Miami Viceroy. Actually... Peablebrook sold it. But that's ok... their contract was almost done.

I can't imagine how many times we have crossed paths along the way.

Do lots of international stuff right now. And with the Olympics in Rio coming up, already have several trips scheduled there.

Sure glad I get paid for this,,,,

Nifty idea, and long term will have more than one use so I'm not going to chastise you for buying a gadget when a one can goes a long way.

I used the gallon with a windex bottle when I discovered the aerosal can's.

I also shopped a bit online today out of curiosity... and shipping aside, (always a variable) I think you just shopped at the wrong place for the aerosol can's. I found them as low as $3.80, and as high as $9, I suspect you found more of the $9 prices when browsing?

on a quick search this is the best I found :)

http://www.jmsonline.net/crc-06006....EMaikm7dfX37cOdc94s3pXTZyKc8uUBCX1BoCLfbw_wcB

as I mentioned earlier when I saw them on the shelf with a clearance price under $3 I made two trips to the counter with every single can piled in my arms, the guy looked at me like I was a nut job, I don't think he had any clue what the hell I was going to do with all that !

Last edited by a moderator:
At 3 bucks a can I would have snagged them as well..

I bought an $18 can. It came with 5 attachable straws and 10 seals and O-rings to replace them as they go bad. I saw the more affordable ones but felt this was a better way to go in the long run.

Youtube has a video on how to make a refillable can. You solder a tire shadier valve spout
used on tires in an empty rattle can. Fill it through hole, screw in valve and pressurize it with air.

Back