Lake Gaston (NC/VA) X4 Ride

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

MPower

Lake Gaston (NC/VA) X4 Ride - 8/29/15

I realize how hard it is to get a big group together for a ride, but it's worth a shot.

Suke and I would like to get a ride together at my house on Lake Gaston sometime this summer. I have plenty of dock space to tie up or anchor in front of the dock. We can grill out, ride, shoot the shit, run some buoys, whatever.

UPDATE **Date has been set for Saturday, August 29th**

Let me know if you are in

Last edited by a moderator:
Im down to meet up. I'm about 1.5 hours from Gaston. Have a double trailer if anyone in RDU wants to put their ski on it and roll up.

Rob

Im down to meet up. I'm about 1.5 hours from Gaston. Have a double trailer if anyone in RDU wants to put their ski on it and roll up.

Rob

Was gonna say me, you and andrew all have double trailers if someone wanted to ride up. I'd say 11th or 18th. July 4th weekend would be tough and I have to take a cert test on the 25th of July.....that and it's karen's bday on the 25th. She'd kill me. Hah!

Is Andrew's spx runnin yet?

Was gonna say me, you and andrew all have double trailers if someone wanted to ride up. I'd say 11th or 18th. July 4th weekend would be tough and I have to take a cert test on the 25th of July.....that and it's karen's bday on the 25th. She'd kill me. Hah!

He just posted in another thread that he's trying to dial in his SPX. So it sounds like he's at least got the engine rebuilt.
[MENTION=32110]IDoSeaDoo[/MENTION]

[MENTION=72134]1983[/MENTION] [MENTION=32110]IDoSeaDoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=66002]PGHMAN[/MENTION] let's make it happen!!!

I'll be there regardless. It's my favorite lake. Much cleaner than Jordan, and not nearly as packed as Falls.

[MENTION=72134]1983[/MENTION] [MENTION=32110]IDoSeaDoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=66002]PGHMAN[/MENTION] let's make it happen!!!

I'll be there regardless. It's my favorite lake. Much cleaner than Jordan, and not nearly as packed as Falls.

Oh I'll be there, I ride every Saturday and Sunday here in RDU!

Weekends are meant for seadooooz

The weather was awesome for most of Sat.
IMG_20150718_113959.jpg

Only casualty was my seat post. It didn't break just somehow the bolt came off.......and it's no where to be found. Fortunately I had a nylock bolt that was the perfect size. Bolted it up and we're back in business!
IMG_20150718_204353.jpg

Sorry I've been out of the picture this year guys, I've been super busy preparing my car, ski and trailer for this honeymoon I'm going on this week. I'll be gone all next week, then probably going back to the beach to spend time with my sister before she moves to CA. I can honestly say I've never been so busy in my life. Ths SPX is running. It WAS running amazingly, but now seems to have become more sluggish. This seemed to happen last time I rebuilt it too... I'm not sure what happens, but certainly don't have time to look into it at the moment. I feel like a city preparing for the Olympics, but I'm actually going to reap the benefits of all this preparation for years to come :)

Sorry I've been out of the picture this year guys, I've been super busy preparing my car, ski and trailer for this honeymoon I'm going on this week. I'll be gone all next week, then probably going back to the beach to spend time with my sister before she moves to CA. I can honestly say I've never been so busy in my life. Ths SPX is running. It WAS running amazingly, but now seems to have become more sluggish. This seemed to happen last time I rebuilt it too... I'm not sure what happens, but certainly don't have time to look into it at the moment. I feel like a city preparing for the Olympics, but I'm actually going to reap the benefits of all this preparation for years to come :)

You've got over a month. Make it so! :)

I hear ya about being busy. I've been busy almost every weekend but 3 so far this summer. Then I'm busy again every weekend until the 29th. Def never been this busy.

The month has arrived, what's the current count????

Just got home from falls. Bearing carrier install was successful.

Rob

I was just down in Greenville on Thursday. Guess I was early?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I just got back from the Keys. Man, it was awesome! Owning a ski is a MUST in FL. I had my wife tow me around some coral reefs on the ski. I just held on and took in the sights. So awesome. I did notice a stream of bubbles coming out the nozzle. I'm guessing my carbon seal is toast. Got to replace that, and/or maybe switch to a carrier seal as well. These carbon seals are not worth the convenience of never having to grease.
Anyway, I have a bit of work to do on my skis, but nothing that would prevent me from going on a ride. When/where?

The month has arrived, what's the current count????

Just got home from falls. Bearing carrier install was successful.

Rob

From this site just you, me and Suke for now. Couple other guys from Greenhulk have showed interest, but they aren't X4 riders.

I was just down in Greenville on Thursday. Guess I was early?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Make the trip again in a month! You have to ride that 95 at some point....

Gotcha, well hopefully some more jump in on the fun we are going to have.

From this site just you, me and Suke for now. Couple other guys from Greenhulk have showed interest, but they aren't X4 riders.

Make the trip again in a month! You have to ride that 95 at some point....

I just skipped in and out. I was doing a machine install in Vegas. Wife and kids went on vacation to OBX for the week. I took a red eye from Vegas to Charlotte, then Charlotte to G-ville. The my sister and bro-in-law drove me over to OBX for a day and a half and then I drove the fam home to Philly Saturday. I was in G-ville for 20 minutes tops. Next time I'm there and I have the skis I'll let you cats know for sure.

I love the OBX. Especially chasing those huge trawlers around the sound and jumping their huge wake :thumbsup: I have been meaning to go back out there myself!

Back