KBB?: How to Determine Boat Value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickyslip

Hello,
Regrettably, I may have to sell my mint 11 hours new Speedster 155 HP. What is the best way to determine the fair market value for it? Is there an equivalent to the Kelley Blue Book - for boats ?

Thanks!

Also, where is a good place to list it for sale? I am in central California so I was thinking craigslist, and here, but are there other good sites when I can list it for sale ?

:(

Boats are rough, and it's really what ever anyone will pay for it. Also, time of the year makes a big impact on price. Right now, the prices are up. (spring time)

The older SeaDoo boats are selling for well over what the "Book" price is. For example, my boat is worth about $2800 by the book... but they are selling for $4k, or more right now.

Unfortunately, you are in a backward situation. SeaDoo has a bunch of '07, '08, and '09's left over... and the dealers are blowing them out. My local dealer has an '08 155 speedster for a little over $10k. So, when you price your boat... you have to be aware that people can buy a new, never used boat for about the "Book" price of the same year's used boats.

If I were you... I would start at "Book" and see if you get anyone wanting to look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. H - thanks! I found this site: http://www.nadaguides.com - does that sound right? Looks like it has the info I need - pricing my speedster between 8,500 and 9,500$ - including trailer - it indicates, but I am going to double check that.. any other good sites to list the boat on for sale?

Remember that if someone tells you "well I can go to a dealer and get almost the same price" remind them that in 10 hours they'll be going back to the dealer and paying $$$ to have the 10 hour service done... You've already completed that for them so they are truely getting a lake ready fun in the sun all day tomorrow deal!

Dr. H - thanks! I found this site: http://www.nadaguides.com - does that sound right? Looks like it has the info I need - pricing my speedster between 8,500 and 9,500$ - including trailer - it indicates, but I am going to double check that.. any other good sites to list the boat on for sale?

Also remember, most SeaDoo dealers add about $2500 - $4000 for prep and stuff. And the first service, will cost around $400 - $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back