Jensen Stereo not reading Ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manoloiv

Hello guys,

I have a '10 Challenger 210 SE and the Jensen stereo is not reading my Ipod.
It is a gen 4 and it works everywhere else.

Please advise

first things first. Jensen is like the McDonalds of head units it will work to fill the gap but it's not very nurishing. My opinion get rid of it and upgrade. I'm not saying you have to go with competition grade rigging like McIntosh but a nice Alpine JVC or even Pioneer will do the trick. it's $150 for a descent one save a headach and a buck in the long run replace it with quality.

I was being a bit of a smart ass but seriously the deck has probably reached the end of its life span and an upgrade will only cost about 150 or so. Find an older ipod and see if it works or not it could be a compatibility issue or it could also be a firmware problem. Once gain the fix is 150 away. Without knowing the model # its impossible for me to tell for sure though

What exactly happens when you plug in the iPod? I've got an '08 180 SE, but it may have the same head unit as yours…not sure. I picked up the iPod connection cable and I noticed that the way it works with the stereo is a little weird. The iPod screen goes to a "do not disconnect" screen, as though you were syncing with a PC. But it still works with the head unit. It's been since last fall that I've used it, so I don't recall all of the peculiarities, but I seem to remember that it doesn't like you messing with the controls on the iPod once it's plugged into the stereo. You can use the controls on the head unit or the remote, though. I may be able to help you out further with some more specific information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back