Is there a trick to getting the old fuel line clamps off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take either a small screwdriver or pick and twist them off. Some lines will just slide off if you pull on the fuel line.
I used a small vice grip and twisted the top of the clamp just enough to loosen the hose, then removed it from the nipple.

I grab te crimp with a pair of dikes and twist. Then you just unwind the clamp to remove.

I grab the crimp with a pair of dikes and twist. Then you just unwind the clamp to remove.

Hey... this is a family board !!! (lol)

But seriously... I use a set of side cutters, and do the same. We have 3 different types of Oketer clamps... but they will all pop with a twist at the crimp tab.

I usually use a screwdriver, and end up stabbing myself at least once. Be careful with the screwdriver, when working with those clamps and trying to remove them, you may feel like you want to stab yourself in the eye with it cuz they are a PITA

I usually use a screwdriver, and end up stabbing myself at least once. Be careful with the screwdriver, when working with those clamps and trying to remove them, you may feel like you want to stab yourself in the eye with it cuz they are a PITA

agreed, when i did them on my xp i was bleeding all over the place. still didnt find a good way to get them off untill after i finshed. they do make a tool for getting them off my friend has one. he sets up beer taps for a living and they use the same conectors.

I found that using tin snips to just cut off the conjoined part was easiest.
....and yes..I have several jab wounds on my hands and fingers now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back