Installing tow grip handles on GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaterNovem

Installing a Spot N Tow handle on a 2007 GTX. I took the OEM tow point off and subsequently dropped the nut into the ski. I believe it is someplace in the bilge just short of the gates of hell. Anyhow, I can't reach it. So, I need to pick up another nut and I notice the original nuts appear to be brass. Why is that? Is that important or can I just get a stainless steel 13mm nut that fits and call it good?

I am going to try and find the OEM bolt but I am not too hopeful in that expedition. Is there anything that the bolt could damage or interfere with rattling around down there?

This may be an obvious question but do you have one of those fishing mirrors? They have some that are telescoping and you might be able too find it. I would try and find it as it would drive me crazy. But your not the first that this happened too and chances are it wouldn't cause any major damage.

I have a ski pylon on mine and love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once I figured out that the big black flexible hose (air intake) just pops out, I was able to find the bolt.

Does anyone think that there is much of a possibility of damaging my seadoo by using a pylon to pull a tube? Most of the riders will be smaller kids that can't wake board. Wake boats, I've learned, don't want the user to pull a tube. But I also won't be putting 4 people in it or anything like that.

I have heard that some use the ski pylons for tubes and some don't. I fall in the "don't" category and use the hook behind the seat for tubing. I use the ski pylon for wakeskating and kneeboarding.

The tubes are generally heavier and can create drag if caught by wind or some other unfournate incident and damage the ski pylon. Ok, I am making that up but it sounds possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back