Impeller

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pretty simply job- easily done in a couple of hours. I would highly recommend purchasing a shop manual to guide you through the process.

You're going to need an impeller removal tool to get it apart. Also, I'd recommend buying a new wear ring. A good tip for installing the wear ring... stick it in the freezer for a bit. That will make installing the ring a lot easier.

You can get a shop manual here if you buy their premium membership. It's not expensive at all, and you get first dibs on all troubleshooting questions.
You have to completely remove the jet pump to take the impeller off. You'll need: A Vise, impeller removal tool, 1/2" breaker bar, blue locktite, seadoo pump oil, torque bar, hacksaw or dremel for wear ring removal, silicone, patience and some beer. Easy to do though. :cheers:

I bought my shop manual from my local Sea-Doo dealer. I ordered it when I ordered a new impeller, wear ring, and impeller removal tool. Most of the work will be done on your workbench. I pulled the pump out when the ski was on my boat lift and brought it up to my shop. I don't see why you couldn't pull the pump on a trailer if I could do it on a lift.

A cut off wheel and a rotary tool made quick work of removing the old wear ring, but be careful not to cut too deeply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back