Impeller and (?) shaft replacement on Wake Pro 215

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelake

I have a hard piece of plastic/PVC jammed in my pump. Picked it up doing about 60 and basically came to a quick stop. I've had things in the pump before (rope, sticks, etc) but never like this one. I'm going to have to remove the pump to dislodge this and I'm thinking of replacing the impeller while I'm at it. It's dinged up from other incidents over 4 seasons and is probably due.

My big question is about the drive shaft. When it was new it had a rubber sleeve down the length of the shaft but its been cut up during the process of dislodging other items over the years. The parts of the shaft I can see look kind of rusty and corroded, plus there's still some remnants of the rubber sleeve. At a minimum I plan to remove the rest so its not causing balance issues. Should I replace the whole shaft or is that a big big project? Is it a big deal that the rubber sleeve/cover is gone?

Ok, I'm a dumbass. It wasn't PVC, its the white wear ring that's ripped apart and jammed in the pump. It's a horrible looking mess. Not sure what I sucked up to cause this. That said, I'm still interested in feedback on the shaft questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back