i think my starter is not staying engaged like it is supposed to

Status
Not open for further replies.

richey

I removed the starter from my 95 seadoo xp and tested it and am not sure it is functioning properly. When I jump it off the part that makes contact with the fly wheel comes out but only stays engaged for just a sec. I am just wondering if it is supposed to do that or if it is supposed to stay engaged until u kill power to it. It pushes out and spins for just a sec then it comes back in and continues to spin. Is this normal?

No, once the starter drive comes out it should stay out as long as you have power to it. Probably needs new drive

I'm not a mechanic so I'm not really sure what that is. Would replacing the starter fix that cuz I have one ordered :)

That would fix, replacing drive/Bendix is less expensive. The drive/Bendix is the part you say comes out for just a second and goes back in

That would fix, replacing drive/Bendix is less expensive. The drive/Bendix is the part you say comes out for just a second and goes back in

Try so much I found a reasonably priced starter at auto zone and the one I am replacing is the original starter cuz the bolts were still painted white so I figure its about time to replace the whole starter. Try so much for clearing that up for me

I'm not a mechanic so I'm not really sure what that is. Would replacing the starter fix that cuz I have one ordered :)

Anything but an OEM starter is normally junk. Japan built starters are horrible when it comes to Seadoo.

Hate to see you waste your money.

Gotta get Joe to quit saying japan starters...if they were from japan (OEM is Denso=japan) we would be in the clear.

China might be close geographically, but their quality to Japan is worlds apart.

Gotta get Joe to quit saying japan starters...if they were from japan (OEM is Denso=japan) we would be in the clear.

China might be close geographically, but their quality to Japan is worlds apart.

Ok,,, i will go with "Non OEM",,,,or "Aftermarket",,,

Try so much I found a reasonably priced starter at auto zone and the one I am replacing is the original starter cuz the bolts were still painted white so I figure its about time to replace the whole starter. Try so much for clearing that up for me

You got it at autozone?

Pretty much everything SBT is the worst parts you can use. Their pistons are OK, but their starters are the worst of the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back