hydroturf question, have you ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon32689

i have a 98 seadoo gsx i am in the process of turning all the purple black before summer, i took the hood off and sending it to get painted, ordered new gas cap and oil cab seat and rear grab bar, i am going to order new hydroturf pad, but my question here is the rubber that goes all the way around is purple i cant find it any were and i heard its a real ***** to change, someone told me to order hydroturf and put it all the way around it? has anyone seen this and does it look good? thanks any advice or pics would be cool thanks

Hydroturf

I just replaced mine with hydroturf, its not that much of a PITA. Use a 1/8" drill bit, drill out the rivets, push them through and use the stuff that comes with the hydroturf to fill in the holes, then grab a fine grit sand paper and sand all areas where you will be putting the new mat. Underneath your purple mats the deck will fill like there is non-skid, but you have to sand that as well, it helps the glue attach to the hydroturf. If you wanted to, you can get the glue on the hydroturf website, but I went to lowes and bought a 32oz can of DAP contact cement just like what they had on the hydroturf website for 10 bucks and a 1 inch paintbrush to spread it all out. Mine turned out pretty good and you can kind of see it in my avatar. The one thing i recommend is working your way from the back to the front and not the other way like I did. If you want more pictures let me know and I will send them to you.

Here are pictures of how it looks.

Attachments

• 100_5760.JPG
    100_5760.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_5761.JPG
    100_5761.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_5762.JPG
    100_5762.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_5763.JPG
    100_5763.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_5764.JPG
    100_5764.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 20
Close out...

I bought their close out purple. It came in a full sheet, almost big enough to do my whole boat.

I used a thin piece of ply to cut templates to fit the way I wanted, then put it on top of the turf and cut it myself. I used the spray on 3M99 glue. I think I paid about $50 bucks for the sheet.

Look on their close outs section........:cheers:

I may be wrong?

....but I think he is talking about the rubber piece that goes around the whole ski, the rubber trim in between the 2 half's of the ski, if this what you are talking about I was unable to find it either. Sorry if I am mistaken what you are talking about :confused:

I bought their close out purple. It came in a full sheet, almost big enough to do my whole boat.

I used a thin piece of ply to cut templates to fit the way I wanted, then put it on top of the turf and cut it myself. I used the spray on 3M99 glue. I think I paid about $50 bucks for the sheet.

Look on their close outs section........:cheers:

ya i am talking about the trim that goes all the way around the ski someone told me that you can take it all off and then drill the rivits out and then you can order hydro by the sheet and cut it and glue it on and it looks pretty good, because i have a 98 seadoo gsx and i am trying to get rid of the purple

....but I think he is talking about the rubber piece that goes around the whole ski, the rubber trim in between the 2 half's of the ski, if this what you are talking about I was unable to find it either. Sorry if I am mistaken what you are talking about :confused:

yes that is exactly what i am talking about the trim around the seadoo have you seen anyone with something like that?

I have personally never scene anyone who has put hydro turf in place of that plastic trim but it might look pretty cool. You would just have to be very confident and make sure that it would be water tight. I can see how it would be a PITA to get that piece off. I looked in our parts section to see if I could find a black piece, but I was unable to find the trim in any color. Your best bet may be to have that painted while its on the ski, tape off the edges and have at it:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back