How much winterizing do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrywillingham

Greetings Seadoo Family! I was wondering now that winter is approaching how much winterizing I really need to do. My skis will be in the garage (hopefully) and the winters here in NE Carolina are pretty mild. I know the gas treatment is a must, but am wondering if I really need to fog the cylinders and complete all the storage procedures as outlined in the Seadoo Maint Manual. What are your thoughts and is there a general rule of thumb regarding winterizing??

Thanks!!:)

My personal thoughts is that if you aren't riding for more than say 4 months time, you should perform all procedures. Else, just the major items such as gas treatment, disconnect batteries and make sure the engine is well flushed.

I do not say this as a recommendation to anyone, but just telling what I personally do.

I would also stick with regular winterizing steps..........fog the engine - it is good measure even if you ride fairly frequently in between. You never know when other things pop up that keep you from riding - then you will be glad you left it in a properly stored state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back