How long have Jet Ski's been around?

Mickirig1

My Wife had a question. How long have Jet Ski's been around? We drove by a couple of Tiger Sharks on a trailer in a yard. She said OMG those things are ancient!

SeaDoo's came out in 68-69, one cylinder air cooled. I believe Kawa had a year or two jump on SeaDoo.

Here's a picture of an early Doo.

Lou

Attachments

• old seadoo.jpg
    old seadoo.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 19
If you search seadoo history online you'll find an article about it. Pretty interesting read, most of the 68's were crushed do to the problems that plagued them.

I believe Kawi came in the late 70s with the first stand up.

Tiger sharks were late 90s early 80s I believe.

If you search seadoo history online you'll find an article about it. Pretty interesting read, most of the 68's were crushed do to the problems that plagued them.

I believe Kawi came in the late 70s with the first stand up.

Tiger sharks were late 90s early 80s I believe.

Late 80's early 90's you mean? :lol: haha

Yes, thanks.

I also should have mentioned, the reason your wife thought the tiger shark looked ancient is probably because the styling was um... left something to be desired.

To me some of the "oldest" looking styles are the yamaha 500 sit down from the 80s, they look like a shoe.

Some day I'd like to convert a room in my basement to a watercraft toy room. 68/69 seadoo, Kawi SC side by side, jet mate, stand up, X4s......

My Wife has taken to Jet Ski's like a fish to water. She is already talking about next season." You need to work a over time shift a week so we can buy stuff for the Ski's or an extra one."

Back