How do I tighten the mirrors on my 2009 Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpounders

Both of my mirror housings on my seadoo 2009 Wake are loose. How do I tighten? I can seem to find a screw to tighten under, nor can I gain access from behind due to the foam behind the steering body.

Thanks.

Thank you @xspook. I was able to remove the bezel around the gauges. Best to take a plastic pick on the bottom on the inside and it will pop out fairly easy. Next remove the top screws that hold the gauges in place, then you can move them. Careful to save the rubber pieces that hold the bottom of gauges in place. The real tricky part was removing the wind deflector. The manual says pull up to remove. Not sure if that will work. I was not sure where the tabs were so I could pry out. In doing so I broke one of the tabs. I tried to plastic weld with no luck. $45 later I have a new deflector. While apart you can tighten the 2 bolts that hold each mirror. Now that I know where the tabs are holding the deflector I think I can pull up and pry out at the same time to remove. Maybe even pull the tabs thru the hole where gauges are to get out. I hope this helps others.
IMG_1263.jpgIMG_1266.jpgIMG_1268.jpgIMG_1282.jpgIMG_1281.jpg

Thank you @xspook. I was able to remove the bezel around the gauges. Best to take a plastic pick on the bottom on the inside and it will pop out fairly easy. Next remove the top screws that hold the gauges in place, then you can move them. Careful to save the rubber pieces that hold the bottom of gauges in place. The real tricky part was removing the wind deflector. The manual says pull up to remove. Not sure if that will work. I was not sure where the tabs were so I could pry out. In doing so I broke one of the tabs. I tried to plastic weld with no luck. $45 later I have a new deflector. While apart you can tighten the 2 bolts that hold each mirror. Now that I know where the tabs are holding the deflector I think I can pull up and pry out at the same time to remove. Maybe even pull the tabs thru the hole where gauges are to get out. I hope this helps others.
View attachment 52629View attachment 52630View attachment 52631View attachment 52632View attachment 52633
Thanks for this information! I've finally gotten fed up with jiggly mirrors on our 2008 GTI, so this is very helpful. I'll give it a try this weekend. Just hope I don't break the wind deflector tabs...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back