HELP! Getting jacked by hourly service rate! 2003 XPdi (LIMP MODE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressure gage..

You'll need a tool for testing the pressure, its a specific pressure gage. I don't know why they kept your pwc when they knew there wasn't a code in the info center to cause the limp mode. I'd say, if they got it, to tell them to hook it up and clear all previous codes. But if there aren't any showing up in the info center, then there are none!.....that's been my whole point.

Think about this. Look at our premium membership. It's very inexpensive and you'll need this manual for us to go over these systems one by one. When I see where we need to eleminate a potential problem, then you'll be able to look at certain pages I have for you to look at, you'll be able to print the instructions, then go out and preform the test. That's the only way I can see us getting to the bottom of your problem.

I'm going into the manual right now to get you the part number on the gage we need to start on your fuel system and compressor.........
I hope they have'nt already racked a million dollar bill!....and beside, if for some reason, we've exhausted all avenues, then you may decide to find a good mechanic somewhere that can help you. But first, with your mechanical apptitude, lets see what we can do!.....

O.K....here's a list of part numbers we need to get started with. First, find out the prices from a parts distributer in your area, preferably not from the place you have your ski now. They may want to jack up the price just cause you want to do the troublehooting yourself. If your coming up with high dollar stuff, I'll look on the internet to see if we can come up with better deal.
The fuel pressure gage is P/N 529-035-709 and you'll need the compressor adapter and relieft valve parts which are, using the same part number above, change the last three numbers to 710, 711, and 712. There is also a fuel line disconnect tool you may want. I'm not going to say need, because I'd probably make something in my shop work. But it's a piece of plastic that can't be that expensive and may make it work better. It's part number 529-035-714.
When you get to the shop, ask the guy if he used the VCK and if so, were there any codes. He's already told you that it hasn't kicked out a code, so that question my be mute. Let me know what you do and what you want to do next. Remember, you've got to have the manual service. You can get it through us, preferrably because your membership is what helps keep this forum running.
Talk to you soon!.........

Last edited by a moderator:
The premium membership is surely the way to go as the library of manuals in the seadoo forum is a great source of information. Click on the link "seadoo Manuals", for more details and let us know if we can help any more...I think seadoosnipe said enough for everyone for now...
Karl

Just Left Dealer: Its A Power Problem...

ok.. I just got back from the SD dealership. I pulled all of the fuses and they were all A-OK.

It was the dealer's BUDS / PC connector was the culprit of the "no codes". They hooked it up to a different one and found out it was in fact a battery / power issue.

(BUDS reading): as the engine rev'd up the battery dropped down below 14V (i think 10-11 volts) and the ski beeped and went into limp mode. The tech put a volt meter on the battery.. pulled it out and checked the water level. Then used a battery tester which said that the battery was ok. He said that he charged it the other day but it still had the same problem.

With that said.... doesn't it sound like the rectifier?

*From all of the (QUICK) help that i received in this forum... a premium membership would be spectacular- thanks for making me aware of it!

I see!...

You see, you went in there after learning a little about your ski and these guys realized they couldn't jack you around.
I don't trust them on this issue with your rectifier either. They're still playin you. I've just deleted a lot of stuff, cause bottom line is, they are jacking you. Bring your doo home. You can do the work yourself!.........With your new found family!.........the seadooforum
Oh, BTW, I noticed your post was in the boat section so I moved it over to the PWC section. I don't know how you got by me that long without me noticing it........LOL

Kiss Method

I'm thinkin' we should use the KISS method of diagnosis.
The previous owner said the ski ran fine until he replaced the spark plugs. Did he crack one of the plugs when installing them? Damage a plug wire end? These are things the MPEM would not recognize as a problem and therefore no warning lites,ect.
DAWG

Jacked....

Seems the repair shop was trying to jack him around and told him that the Doo hadn't generated any fault codes. Well, to make a long story short, he went back with a little more foresight from the forum and they found a problem with their VCK plug and then, found he had an issue with his charging system. Probably the rectifier/regulator.

Like the dealer would think of giving him a credit? Don't hold your breath!
Get the ski out of the dealership!
Karl

Wtf

Went to pickup ski Saturday..... the SD dealer said that their BUDS connector on the unit that (MIS)diagnosed my XPdi was defective. They put it on another computer and found out that it was a power issue. Although the battery tester said that it was "OK"... when they installed a new one the issue was solved (The ski sat during TX-winter).

Moral of the story: Dont take your ski to a dealer BEFORE you post here in the SeaDoo "family" forum. I could have easily tracked down the problem and saved time and money with SeadooSnipe and KustomKarl's advice. I also got the XPdi owner's manual for upgrading to a premium subscription (DIRT cheap.. $10 bucks!). Def. worth the money... but more than anything else: our small contributions help support the community that supports US

Newest member,

:cheers:

TxToby, thanks for the praise. All of us here on the forum have one goal in mind, and that is to help each other out. If we can ever help you again you know how to contact us...were at your finger tips... Come back often and share your good times too. Post some pics to share with the other members, as we are all interested in your new ride...
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back