Have a way to change the dess key for old key??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

hawker

Can anyone help me know if the key with code is the same in shape and size as the older keys without the code? Because if so, I'm going to buy the old key without a code, and make an internal housing for it in the lathe to place a magnet. I removed the code from my ECU and the original key broken today. Is for a GTi 130 (2009)
But it will only fits if the size is the same!

Thanks!

They are different. Old style just holds a normally open switch closed.
Old style nothing like DESS

So, there is no way to connect the old model to the new one! Because if I could, I would buy the old one and put a magnet on it so I could turn it on. I will buy the original!

But I just need a key that attaches to my switch! Mine has the code deactivated, just touching a magnet makes it turn on! That's why I thought about buying the old model key and putting a magnet on it, but many people told me that the old model is bigger than this DESS model.

All of the DESS keys from 1996 to 2014 are the same and interchangeable. They just need to be programmed to the ECU.

Last edited:
But I just need a key that attaches to my switch! Mine has the code deactivated, just touching a magnet makes it turn on! That's why I thought about buying the old model key and putting a magnet on it, but many people told me that the old model is bigger than this DESS model.
Could you not just buy an old dess key then and do whatever needs to be done with it? I would think someone should be able to
Send one from a parts machine for near nothing plus shipping?

Could you not just buy an old dess key then and do whatever needs to be done with it? I would think someone should be able to
Size is different! The old one is smaller! If I had the time, I would have bought a piece of polyurethane and made the key on my lathe!!

Size is different! The old one is smaller! If I had the time, I would have bought a piece of polyurethane and made the key on my lathe!!
I see that you have it worked out now but I didn’t mean to buy a pre DESS lanyard which are smaller, I meant get an old Dess Key, remove whatever is in there that’s programmed and then glue in your magnet

I was hoping that the size of the old and new would be the same, but it's not!

Can the code be removed on a 96XP?
Because of my CDi ignition, when I used coils with bad insulation, spark leaks would occur, and this would cause the ECU to lose the code and cause central locking. To avoid any more problems, I removed the code!

My CDi plasma ignition is inside the air intake! To refresh better and prevent contact with water!

Attachments

• WP_20150106_15_10_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150106_15_10_37_Pro.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 7
I had problems with Ktag to read the file with the engine maps, but I read in a post a guy saying that the problem most of the time is the 12v source, so I'm going to try again with a 30a source, I used one of 2a, it certainly doesn't have the power to power the ktag + ECU

Back