Got Water On Engine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valcig

I forgot to close the 2 screws on back of jetski, and my jet ski almost sunk. There was water inside of the motor. What should i do?? I already cleaned with water, and i put a lot of WD-40 all over the motor, but still, i canot start the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Water In Engine

First remove the spark caps and dry them inside then place them onto the spark plug posts... remove the spark plugs and throw them away... crank the engine holding one finger over the spark hole pushing against the hole.. crank for 10 seconds each time swapping the finger from one hole to the other until you don't see any more water coming out of the plug holes. Spray a little wd 40 into the plug holes and inside spark plug leads... insert NEW spark plugs and crank engine and see if it fires/starts. I would also suggest pulling out your fuel tank and oil tank and checking these for water. If this doesn't work.. there are other sensors/ solenids / electrical parts / fuses that may have been damaged by the water.. i'd strongly suggest taking the ski to a mechanic for a check over. Hope this helps.

Very good Seadoolover!...

Very good advice. The first and foremost important thing to save first, is the engine. You don't want it to seize on you. So, what Seadoolover says, should be done first.
Then, the electrical system needs to be checked. You probably blew some fuses. So, check them. Check to see that your electrical box didn't get any water in it.
Let us know what you find out.........Seadoolover will help you with this one.
Great job!..............:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back