Go Pro Setup with 2013 215 Wake Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaylaurence

Hi all,

Has anyone effectively used a GoPro camera with thier seadoo?

If so which grips and mounts did you use and how did you find thefootage afterwards?

I'd like to use mine to record someone being towed by a wake pro 215 2013.

Thanks for any help!

J

I use the auction cup mount and head strap mainly. You have a pylon on yours so you can try a handle bar mount so it sits higher and you can get a better angle facing backwards. I mounted mine a little low and I wasn't too thrilled with the angle because the jet blocked the view a little. Here's what it looks like:

[youtube]eNDGU7rJfQ0[/youtube]

I used the headstrap when being towed on the tube. I think that would work better on a larger tube that's a little more stable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a mount for the top of the tow pylon on mine. It is secured by two 1/4" bolts I drilled and tapped into the nylon head. Here's a few pics. The footage is stable and good but 60' is a long shot for a gopro so not a ton of detail of the rider. I do use a floaty back door as well as the tether cord. I also made a tube mount to get video of my daughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a mount for the top of the tow pylon on mine. It is secured by two 1/4" bolts I drilled and tapped into the nylon head. Here's a few pics. The footage is stable and good but 60' is a long shot for a gopro so not a ton of detail of the rider. I do use a floaty back door as well as the tether cord. I also made a tube mount to get video of my daughter.

OG1: You should be selling these. Both are awesome contraptions. I've been wanting to get a GoPro to use with our Wake Pro (primarily used for towing tubes) but haven't pulled the trigger due to mounting and not being smart enough to figure it out on my own.

suction cup mount on top of storage compartment behind instrument cluster.. works GREAT!
[video=youtube_share;-VrbNv5rNNE]http://youtu.be/-VrbNv5rNNE[/video]

RAM MOUNTS make fantastic products.

They are not cheap but they are good.

I just bought the GoPro Hero 3 Black model. I will be scuba diving in Cozumel in October with it. I am wondering if the head mount is the way to go.... The Black model really seems to have some nice options. Bought it from the Coast Guard exchange for 299.00 tax free...

Hey you're on goprofanatics too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back