fuel starvation problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

applefield

have a 1996 speedster. i currently have to keep both fuel valves in the auxillary position to avoid any fuel starvation to the starboard engine. if i put the valve to the green (full tank position) the engine will drop rpm's at full throttle but not at 3/4 throttle. spark plugs and fuel filters check out clean. is this a pick up problem or is the valve bad? i cannot recreate the problem if the fuel knob is in the auxillary tank position. thanks for the help.

What color are your fuel lines? If they're gray, replace them as they degrade with time.
There could be something stuck in your selector valve that's limiting flow. I'd take the lines out and blow them out with compressed air.

If that doesn't help, it could also be that your fuel pump is clogged a little and isn't drawing fuel as well as it should. You can also rebuild that.

In 96... the boats still had rubber lines. (at least mine does)

It's probably an issue with the fuel select valve. I would pull it out, clean it, and look for broken seals.

If it's only happening on one engine... that would rule out the pick-up tube.

fuel valve removal

tony,

thanks for insight. my fuel tubes are black. remember both of my valves (starboard and port) need to be in the aux position to run both engines full throttle. so not pickup tubes? that is a $140 savings! is there an easy way to get the fuel valve selector knob out to work on it? thanks, danny

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back