Found why water wasn't draining...

Status
Not open for further replies.

98limited

So I got home after work and decided to take off the bottom drain plug and to my surprise it was completely clogged with sand.. Si i cleared that out and will be testing out the machine tomorrow :)

yesterday, took my wife & kids up north to a bay that has completely sandy shores. fantastic swimming! We came in close as some large waves brought the hulls to the bottom right as we shut them off. I was thinking about where sand goes after the pump pushes some into the engine with the cooling water. I am guessing some, if not most of it stays in there? I don't think I got any in there, but that has got to be a common problem?

I know thats not what you were talking about 98, but your post got me thinking again.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if it's a common problem but I remember this summer I was at a friends cottage and it's very sandy. I remember idling around that area alot so that's where I picked up all of my sand, I had a draining issue this past week so I took off the bottom drain screw and it was packed with sand. So I cleaned that up and got most of it out of the motor, the rest will clear once i run it in the water.

i didnt know there was drain screw for the water jacket on the motor, where is it located

On the 951 motor it is located at the bottom of the motor "you can't see it because the motor is tilted to close the the hull". You will find a small 8mm line that leads to it.

i didnt know there was drain screw for the water jacket on the motor, where is it located

Does a 787 have one, if so then where? I've never seen it but then again I've never had motor out.

Yes, I'm a little deprived back yard DIY :)

I'm not sure if that motor has one but I would assume it does, I just don't know where since ive never worked at that motor.. go to this link and scroll down, choose your year and model of ski and then checkout the cooling system diagram and it will show where it is located..
http://www.partshark.com/custompage.asp?pg=seadooparts

hope this helps

Does a 787 have one, if so then where? I've never seen it but then again I've never had motor out.

Yes, I'm a little deprived back yard DIY :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back