Found and looking to buy 95 XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewvsignguy

The guy is asking $400 for the ski, no trailer Title in hand for the ski, trim works, grey fuel lines, 717 engine, faded/wore out seat, hull in good condition and lives right next door to our local SEADOO dealer so it has had regular maintenance and it runs.

Last week when the dealer was putting it in the water the dealer said water was leaking in the hull via the drive shaft and the owner told told me it needs a rear boot seal. The older guy said he bought it new in 95 and no one rides it any more so he can't see putting the $$$ into fixing it. I'm going to stop by this Friday and take a look at it while I'm picking up the carb kit for our 95 SPI.

What would cause water to leak into the hull and how difficult would it be to replace? Is this a good deal, any thoughts?

the bearing on the rear boot a lot of times will lock up, and then it basically shreads the seal on the back of the hull. Depending on how bad its leaking see if you can take it for a quick spin. But the seal is not a hard nor an expensive fix. Just make sure thats truly where it is leaking. If this all check out Id say 400 is not a bad price at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back