Fort Walton Florida area jet ski storage/ramps for vacation???

Luv2Camp

So we will be going to Fort Walton/Destin area over the winter and trying to decide if I will tow my Seadoo down with us. We are renting a condo on the water and not sure if I can have my ski in the parking lot or not. Does anyone know if there is any short term storage I can keep the ski at for a week? Assuming there is a place to store it, there are some public boat ramps around there as well!

Worse case,,, there is a TON of Storage places that can easily fit a ski. Like 40 bucks a month for a 10by10 for example.

I have a place right across the bay in Niceville and you are welcome to leave the skis for free if you want to.

I have a place right across the bay in Niceville and you are welcome to leave the skis for free if you want to.

THANKS! Is this a great forum or what?!?! I am still on the fence if I am bringing it as I will not have had a chance to break in my new motor yet and on the fence if I want to trailer 14 hours down there not fully knowing how it will be on the water! If I can get a storage facility right near our condo for cheap I will most likely go that route. THANKS AGAIN though!!

No problem. I'll be right here if you need me. Bring that ski down and if it does have an issue we can fix it at my work and send you right back to the water.

I am driving my wife NUTS with this. Taking it, not taking it, taking it etc... LOL..

Assuming a 10 x 10 would fit my gtx but everything I see is around $120 for the month. OUCH! Anyone aware of any storage places around Destin/Fort Walton that are reasonable and have Saturday office hours? (we will be arriving on a Saturday)

Also, am I nuts to take the ski with me? My trailer is not galvanized and partially worried about theft if we stay overnight at a hotel between Ohio and Florida. Although I have full coverage, I would never recoup what I have in to it if it was stolen.

I could take my boat winterizer kit that has a pail and bilge pump and use it to back flush the motor and spray off the trailer after use. I guess the biggest concern I have is I will be driving it all the way to florida for it's first use since the complete engine/pump overhaul. Would SUCK to get it all the way down there to have it break down or break to the point where I spend my vacation fixing it!!! On the other hand, should I have any issues, it would allow me to be sure the ski is fixed prior to the start of the season in Ohio.

I have a headache...

Maybe not since the trailer is wide at the back and it won't really stick in the corner. you'll have about a 2 foot triangle of empty space behind the trailer.(depending on the width)

Being a single you probably can. With twins, there really is no diagonal to it. Reason is, the corners move back as you twist the trailer making it all but impossible to "Create space"... I would try it in your driveway to see how much lateral room you need as, a 10 by 10 will have an 8 foot door more than likely. My trailer is 8ft 8in wide, so I need a 10 foot or better door to have some space on each side to get it in.

There is a storage place right across the street from my tree service but I'd just leave it here for free if I were you. Address is 203 Government Ave. Niceville, Fl so you can Google it up and check it out.

More importantly I think is that I can see the water from there and you can drop it in with me watching at the dock if you want. If anything is wrong with that ski I will know instantly and have the solution on hand. Don't want any of your vacation money, I just like to help members. Other members have always been there for me.

(850)259-1581

There is a storage place right across the street from my tree service but I'd just leave it here for free if I were you. Address is 203 Government Ave. Niceville, Fl so you can Google it up and check it out.

More importantly I think is that I can see the water from there and you can drop it in with me watching at the dock if you want. If anything is wrong with that ski I will know instantly and have the solution on hand. Don't want any of your vacation money, I just like to help members. Other members have always been there for me.

(850)259-1581

THANKS Matt!
I think I will take you up on that offer if we bring the seadoo. I truly appreciate the offer! I did not want to ask for the favor if I could find a simple solution but it looks like it is getting tougher to find a place with a reasonable price and still not 100% of the size unit I would need.. I just need to get over now if I want my beloved fresh water ski and trailer in the salt! LOL....

I will say this....

BRING it,,, its a great place to ride, assuming your wife is on board.

my wife won't let me take mine on trips she know's I'll disappear for half the day and come home exhausted (defeating the purpose, from her point of view)

Thanks all for the advice and the offer to store the Seadoo in Florida for me!!! MUCH appreciated. After wrestling with this, I have decided to leave it at home and just rent one down there. With doing an overhaul of the jet pump, new drive shaft, seals, engine mounts, engine rebuild, new tubes, hoses, carb rebuild just to name a few of the things I have done without being able to give it a test run, my common sense kicked in and I think there are just WAY too many things I overhauled to tow it 14 hours each way for the first splash. I am confident that I did everything correct but been around too long to know I will probably have some gremlins I will need to address..... My personality will not let me enjoy the vacation until I spent every minute getting it all dialed in. The wife and kids would KILL me!!!! MAN I cannot wait until spring to break it in!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back