For the members who have a Ski-Doo..

Agreed, we noticed an increased amount of threads dedicated to skidoos and figured we would give the members a place to talk about them.. We aren't trying to replace doo-talk they have been around since 02, just supplement this forum more or less.

Good idea Greg. Unfortunately I sold my ski right after I bought the Seadoo. Didn't have a good place to ride, the woods were too small and the lake doesn't freeze properly due to water movement from the Springs.

Griz, I will work on getting active users who want to be signed up there transferred over!

Bumping for those up north. Feel free to join us on the other side.

Annual bump. I want to recognize [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] for all of the hard work he has put in over there. Have a ski-doo? Make an account and join us @ www.skidooforums.com

Thanks Greg! I can't be the only guy here with a Ski-Doo sled.

There have been multiple people talking about them in the past on here. I bet [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] has a couple ;)

LOL [MENTION=2]hfgreg[/MENTION] ... you would think right??

Well Ive weened myself off of the sled addiction. Dont get me wrong...I love riding sleds. They are just too much work. Well...MOD sleds are way too much work.

They are far too much maintenance...cleaning and rebuilding clutches, suspensions, steel hardware....PITA.

No guarantee of snow locally....gas is cheap now but typically $150 in gas to get to snow....then lodging, food, etc.

Talking travel...if you dont have $2k+ and space for an enclosed trailer, just know you are coating your sled in salt the whole time you are moving. Its cold you cant just take it to the U do car wash. Oh and all of those have closed locally too.

Far more incidents. You have to be a moron to break a jetski...on a sled you never know whats on the other side of the hill or under the snow.

And the obvious one...money is much tighter in the winter although I have to be thankful for the orders I have had the last month. Many more than last year.

In conclusion...I have the Seadoo addiction 12mo out of the year. Ive been trying for years to get Nick to allow me to ride a X-4 at Daytona Freeride but the pole riders cant accept that an X-4 is so close to their precious blasters its rediculous. Esp mod ones...they are prob faster than an X-4. They always say that sitdowns are just too fast and once we let one in the place is going fill up with guys wanting to ride their GTXs and stuff. Lames. I get invited to crash with Liquid Militia and Hydroturf every year, but I cannot support an event with garbage rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree with Minnetonka4me they are a money pit. if I had a dollar for every one I have bent rolled or just snapped parts in the f%$#!@ cold I would have a lot of nice seadoos. never have I had to dig my seadoo out of the hole it fell in. I also currently don't own one if I ride now I just rent an 800 and be done with it nothing better than pounding a lent bent one

IVE NEVER SEEN BEACHES AND BOAT FULLS OF HALF NAKID GIRLS ON A SLED

Back