Flushing connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustomkarl

Premium Member
Premium Member
Ok, got my manual and have question on flushing out my 97 Challenger. The last owner's girlfriend, sold me the boat, and had no idea of proper way to flush the boat on dry dock except run water in top fitting. She also had no clue what the weedless handle did...well now I know from reading the manuals...but not a operator manual so for flushing should I uncap the top flushing fitting and let the water spray out the rear by the drive or connect to rear and leave the capped one capped? I understand the priniples or start first than apply water, but which fitting is best...not covered in manual. I feel kinda stupid not having material to read up on to learn the basics of the operations...
Karl....the guy with all the questions.

I'm posting the operators guide in the premium section for you. Hopefully that with answers from other members will help you out :)

Water connections!

Karl, their are two flushing connections on your doo.......The one on the starboard side at the top of the engine cover is where you flush from. It's the highest point of entry to ensure your motor is flooded. The one that you see just to the right of the pump is to allow any excess pressure from your water hose to bleed off, keeping you from putting to much water pressure on your engine, gaskets and seals. The manual calls for you to start the engine first, but I usually turn on a little flow of water till I see it coming from the little "tell-tell" tube at the tow hook. Then I start her up. That should be all you need to run your motor...... when running, you should see a little flow from your exhaust, jet pump housing the "tell-tell" hole and the excess overflowing through that other flush out connection..........:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back