fishing line

Status
Not open for further replies.

insaneta

the last time i rode after i had her out of the water i noticed that if your under the ski and looking up into the intake grate*(if thats what its called) i had some fishing line wrapped around the cilinder that you see. i'm not sure what thats called. anyway i think it happened when i let my sister ride it and she had it close to this pier. either way i need to get rid of it. it didnt seem to effect any of the performace or how the ski works so i dont think it did any damage. should i just remove the the protective grate where the waters pulled in and cut it off or do you think it will be more envolved?

debris...

If it's just a small amount of line, I wouldn't worry about it. It will eventually wear it's way out. But if it's a like, a whole spool of 40 weight line, you could wrap it around your shaft and damage your shaft seal.

yeah its not a whole lot and it has a hook attached to it still. i can see the hook when i look at it from behind its about 5 inches away from my impeller. i dont think it could but i read how the slightest scratch or dent or chip on the impeller could mess it up and really decrease performance so i want to cut it out of there. i'd rather be safe then sorry. i guess its a pretty common thing though

It is!

Yeah, it's pretty common but I doubt the fishing line could do any damage to your impellor or wearing ring.
If you don' have the easy to remove grate, you can take a wire coat hangar and bend a hook in the end of it and reach in and pull it all out.
I got a ski rope caught in mine last year. I had to dive under water and cut it out so I could get back to the beach........and what bit my butt was that I didnt have a knife on board......you can bet I carry one now!

wow that really sucks. yeah i have a little list of things to carry and i normally take a knife. you never know when your going to need to cute something and i like to have it just to keep me safe from the sharks.....lol
its wrapped around the shaft behind the impellor several times. my only worry was the hook chipping the impellor or the string being wrapped around that shaft causing rust some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back