Drying out the seat cushion?

jelake

This is related to my 2010 WP 215, but I suspect he the solution isn't specific to a specific model, so I'm posing here.

Also, I'm sure this has been discussed before, but looking up "water" and "seat" or "drying" has led me to WAY too many results that are NOT related.

I flipped the boat over last season near the shore to untangle something that was jammed in the pump. The seat ended up in the water for an extended period of time while we worked on the boat. (Yes, lesson learned). Now the seat is saturated and still isn't dry 9 months later.

Suggestions on how to speed this process?

If it hasn't dried out in that amount of time I think I would unstaple the vinyl and let it dry out, you may need to replace the foam.

Lou

I'm going to take a look tonight and consider removing some of the staples and vinyl. The guys at the shop recommended I drill a few holes in the plastic under the cushion. I was hoping to find some validation here that their idea is a good one...or not.

Without a means for the water to leave, it will remain wet for a VERY long time. By the time it is dry it will be destroyed due to mold. Unstable and open it up. Drilling holes will hep, but probably not a quick solution. If you could get air to pass through it, that would solve it. Such as holes on one end and a vacuum on the other end. That kind of thing.

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

I wonder if I could drill some holes in some semi-ridgid hose and snake it up under the cushion somehow?? Then connect that to my compressor to get some airflow in there...

Back