Driver's Seat -- not tall enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen X20

Has anyone else noticed their driver's seat is too low? The seat on my 02 X-20 (Challenger-X) feels too low to me, and I am 6'1" tall! I either sit on lifejackets or put a knee in the seat to see better if anyone is in the front or when I am pulling a tube.

I think someone else here had that problem like a year ago and did a whole write up on how he fixed it. Try searching.

Idea...

I read of someone who simply installed aluminum square tubing under the existing seat. Two pieces did the trick. I've looked under my seat and it's held to the floor by what appear to be hex-head bolts to what I presume are threaded inserts in the deck. Three feet of whatever size square aluminum tubing should give you enough length to cut two to the proper length and install them as spacers. Pick the size of tubing based on the elevation you want.

Nice and easy, cheap, and can be done with standard tools in your driveway in one afternoon.

Same issue with my 2002 Utopia 185

Just bought the utopia and the seat is not right. Thinking about aftermarket seat maybe. It is too low. No one in there right mind could drive while sitting that low.

I designed a cost effective way to raise my seat 3 inches and still look stock. I plan to install this weekend and post pictures either Monday or Tuesday.

3" seat riser sounds gool. Let me know how it works.

Today I rode around sitting on both knees part of the time. Funny thing, I saw the same blue utopia as mine (again) by the Clinton river.:troll:

Here is the design I came up with. If anyone is interested, I made two thinking that I would use one for the passenger seat, but I decided against it. I am offering it for sale on eBay with item number 270603411116 ending on July 15th.

Attachments

• booster04.jpg
    booster04.jpg
    671.5 KB · Views: 82
Stephen,

Just checking out what you didn't like about your design? Did it raise the entire seat just a bit too high so you could not rotate it anymore?

I think you were on track, but my guess is the bolsters on the seat may have gotten into the way at that height. I need a cushion.

Thanks for any response.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back