do i even have the right carbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

93'XP

ive got a 93' XP 657, when i was flipping through my manual i noticed the carbs in the pictures look different form the ones that were installed on the engine, i cant say for sure its the original engine or carbs, but it seems the carbs i have are for a 587 engine, ill give some pics, and i couldnt find any model #'s printed on them

DSCF1222.jpg

DSCF1218.jpg

DSCF1221.jpg

DSCF1220.jpg

i dont know what else to tell you they are mukuni bn carbs thats pretty much all they say on them unless i havnt found some hidden numbers

yes....

It does appear that you have the correct carbs.......the only way to be really sure would be to take them apart and check the jetting. That was about the only thing that seperated the carbs they used then on the few different model PWC's (SPX etc...). The manual does say to distinguish the difference between them, was the XP has a yellow dot on the carb body. That was from the manafacturer. I'm sure by now, that yellow dot would have been painted over.
But from what I can see, they do look like the carbs for your Doo......although the book doesn't state, I'd say they were Mikuni 38's. To be sure, I'd have to cross reference the main and pilot jet with a carb in the Mikuni manual. I don't see that necessary in this case though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back