DESS switch wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjeffries88

I have a 2001 gtx and im trying to install a new aftermarket dess switch old one has three wires new one has four and there different colors anyone know how to do this?

What brand is the aftermarket post, and where did you get it? I actually didn't know aftermarket posts existed.

Lou

I'm interested to know about this aftermarket post as well. I have never seen one on any Seadoo I've come across nor on the market. Can you post some pictures and info on it.

dess switch

I have a 2001 gtx and im trying to install a new aftermarket dess switch old one has three wires new one has four and there different colors anyone know how to do this?

my 2003 gti rfi has 4 leads on dess pole (the spare one is black which is used to trigger the solenoid from the rectifier) apparently earlier ones had a different charging cicuit so only req. 3 wires
good luck fred

are the colours on wires of replacement dess pole the same colour code as old one (exept for black wire) if so then just rewire colour to colour ignoring the black wire.
it is only a switch connected to MPEM and will not need to be reprogramed (at least mine didn't)
get a copy of wireing diag cos its straight forward. fred

aftermarket DESS posts have been around for quite some time I go threw them by the dozen ever season for the last couple of years..seems to be just as good as oem...as frankly there isn't much too i and anything has to be better then the low quality magnetic switches that snuck in for a number of model years production.

available in both three and four wire.

Any decent shop that is licensed ( and able to buy wholesale) can get them for you. I believe SBT sells them at retail as well

http://www.shopsbt.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=15-110K.

beware..none of em come with the specical nut..so treat it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back