Dess post replaced 3 timed

Lockadoc

2003 sportster
I replaced Dess post three times this season.

Problem starts with pulling lanyard does not turn engine off, use button to shut it down and can use the start/stop button to start it with out the key. Three beeps. Need to disconnect battery

Than a few times after that Will work normally
I start getting 3 beeps hours latter all the time and have to disconnect battery and almost never can start it,

After disconnecting battery, installing dess key as I turn battery back on I can get it started sometimes.

Any clue as to where to start tracing down this gremlin?
Billy S

The post is just a magnetic switch(es) that can be easily tested to see if it is working by putting the key on and off. Follow the manual for testing to see if it is sticking closed after the key is removed. The mpem can also be the problem instead of the post.

The post is just a magnetic switch(es) that can be easily tested to see if it is working by putting the key on and off. Follow the manual for testing to see if it is sticking closed after the key is removed. The mpem can also be the problem instead of the post.
As per the shop manual to test the post it fails.
When tested there is a closed circuit between the black wire and the black and yellow wire.
This is now the fourth post replaced.

They work for awhile than start not turning the motor off the they key is removed.
Than it starts beeping like the keys has been not removed after it’s been turn off.
And will restart a few times.
Than it won’t start any more until I replace the post.

Back