Cylinder Head Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks pretty good, you can use your arms, maybe some isoflex grease to put the camshaft in. I'd also have the new head checked out by a machine shop to at least take a quick look at it and pull a vacuum on the cylinders to confirm they fully seat.

not a difficult repair but you do have to pay attention with clean head surfaces and torques and sequences. youtube has a couple good videos on valve changes by the average person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the time guys.Think I'll be getting new valves.No pic's ,camera isn't cooperating.The head must come off! Lol

just to be clear.. with the 2011 head can i use my current (2005 style) rocker shaft if i leave the oil restrictor in place? what is the difference in the early/late rocker shafts?

No, you can't. The head itself has different drilling of cross channels. You have to use the correct rocker shaft with the correct head or you will have zero oil flow through it meaning instant kaboom. 2011 head must have the oil restrictor jet in block removed.

No, you can't. The head itself has different drilling of cross channels. You have to use the correct rocker shaft with the correct head or you will have zero oil flow through it meaning instant kaboom. 2011 head must have the oil restrictor jet in block removed.
thank you. that is what I wanted to know. the seller of the head told me that I could use my pre-06 rocker shaft. I guess he is wrong. good thing I didn't follow his advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back