carb inspection

95 gtx new to me, runs great, so want to wait a little before I rebuild the carbs but also wanted to get a peace of mind on what the carbs look like inside. What if I open them up and checkout the internal filters and if all is well then put them back together, is that a good idea? would I have ruined the gaskets or anything else? I've read the mikuni carb rebuild post here and seems it's pretty easy to mess up things during the process, so want to wait a bit.

I did change out the grey fuel lines last week.

If the gray fuel lines were just changed then there is probably green goo inside the carbs gumming things up. I would rebuild the carbs now before you get issues. Use genuine Mikuni kits and follow the carb rebuild post in the top of this forum exactly and you should not have a problem.

IMO, if it is running great then I would not take the carb apart, yes it could mess up the gaskets. Just make sure you check the spark plugs to verify it is not lean...plug chop maybe. Also do all the normal maintenance on it, filter changes etc.. so you know what you have.

Back