• This site contains eBay affiliate links for which Sea-Doo Forum may be compensated.

Can we ski/tube behind a 2 person ski?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Surveyor

I'd put this in my profile, but can't figure it out.

I have 1998 Sea Doo, 85 hp, (about 720 cc) It is (I think) a 2 person craft.

Now,I think you are supposed to have a spotter ride backwards, to watch the skier. Mine has no mirrors. Can I add a big wide angle mirror, and pull a big tube? Are there legal issues here?

N

Well for starters, you do need a spotter. Around here (probably same for you) mirrors dont cut it, you need someone sitting backwards.

Your ski will have no problem pulling a tube..

Up here in Canada I know that it is illegal to tow a skiier/tube behind a 2 person ski. The reason being the requirement of having a spotter as well as space on the ski for the person/persons being towed. For example a 3 person ski can tow one person, a four person boat can tow 2 people etc.

This being said, it really depends on the police presense on the water if your going to get in trouble. I often tow a tube behind my 2 person ski but I only do this right out infront of my cottage where there are always other people on shore that could bring a boat out incase of emergency or another ski around with an empty seat.

Hope this helps!

Matt

Here in Texas, all that is required is mirrors 3" X 4". Only one person required on the pulling vessel...

Check your local laws.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Ohio, you technically need a 3 seater to pull a tube as you need a driver, rear-facing spotter, and an open seat on the craft for the person on the tube in case they become fatigued.

OK, where can I get a good convex mirror, for towing a skier?

This GS 85 HP, 1998 717cc model has no mirrors.

Thanks

Nate

California also requires 3 person capacity for towing. Driver+spotter+tow rider must be able to ride the craft together within person and weight rating for the boat.

Physically you can tow most tubes and such behind 2 seaters. I know for a fact (don't ask me how I know) that the HX models cannot tow in any useful fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and some possible mirrors to bolt on:

Overtons.com
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=29944&pdesc=PWC_Wing_Mirror_black&str=mirror&merchID=1008&r=view
51.jpg

Bartswatersports.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back