Can a bad VTS drain battery????

Status
Not open for further replies.

manolocross

I have a bad vts unit and i think its draining the battery...Can this really happen?Like when the ski is in the garage and not in use.Can it drain the battery in storage?Also can it put a load on the charging system while riding?

Boyd, great information! Although when I went to the Overton's site to look at the part Odyssey suggests they are sold out. :(

Yes a bad vts can drain your batter and can also sometimes cause funky problems on the lake. If its bad just unplug all that has to do w the vts and be done with it. My seadoos sit for 2 -3 weeks at a time and batterys stay charged on there own.

The paper from Odyssey is in regards to someone leaving the lanyard on the post. That is the same as someone leaving the ignition key turned to "ASS." in their car. YES... it's going to drain the battery.

BUT... a bad VTS can do all kinds of strange things. It can drain the battery... it can cause the ignition to do strange things, and.... it CAN burn out the MPEM. If it's bad, unplug it from the system. (or fix it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back