Bogging down and Rev-limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

njcowboy

I know it is hard to have both, but I do.

It is 85 here in southern NJ, so I decided to run the ski for a few minutes.
The ski starts right up and idles great. It got right up on plane and when I went to max it out, the rpm's went to 7K and was bouncing like it hit the rev limit. It was getting half decent speed though.
What are common causes of the revlimiter kicking in? The wear ring?
I have the manual, but seriously, how hard is it to replace the wear ring?

The bogging down, I believe is caused by dirt in the fuel tank. The filter is consistently getting clogged with crap. I replaced all the fuel lines and the tank was new last year.

I am gonna drain the tank completely and hopefully get all the gas out, there is only about 3 gallons. I am gonna drain and clean the tank

Both

Look at the fuel delivery through the plugs and look into the impeller housing from the underside for blockage. If possible, slap a feeler gauge in there and see if it may be out of spec. For a start..........

Look at the fuel delivery through the plugs and look into the impeller housing from the underside for blockage. If possible, slap a feeler gauge in there and see if it may be out of spec. For a start..........
The plugs are wet like normal, but I believe under a load they are starving for fuel because of the dirt clogging the filter.

The clearance between the impeller and wear ring is .20MM on two blades and just about .18MM on the third blad.
According to the manual, max clearance is 1.02MM

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back