Boat US Towing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Boat US......Get it! Cheap insurance. I even have the towing(trailer) coverage for $14. Its a no brainer. One tow fee can be hundreds and in some cases several hundred to $1000+.

My brother-in-law ran his 55' aground. Cost would have been $1500 to pull him free.....Didnt cost a penny and he pays the same $125/year I pay.

Craig

Well worth every nickel! Been a member for 3 years now. Just like my auto club membership, when you are in a bind, you are really glad you have it! Longest I've ever had to wait was an hour. Do it, you won't be sorry!

I had bought mine, thinking I'll never use it, I have a good boat, what a waste of money..........the engine was in great order, the risers were not. They overheated and expanded, water came rushing in. Had a tow with a pass-off to a second. Would of easily been $1500+ per the captain. Well worth the cost, you never know when you might need it. :cheers:

I said the same thing, boat is new and in top shape. 3 miles downstream from the marina in a cove I ate a rock. Locked up the impeller. Screwed with it an hour, and finally gave up. Called Boat US, gave them my GPS position (another thing you should always have in a boat). Less than an hour later they picked my up, towed me to the Marina and saved me a bundle.

I have boat US as well... I got broke down on the lake after season, when no one else was out there, with the sun going down... cloudy night... just free drifting b/c it was too deep to drop an ancor. phone batter was on 20%... made a call to them and they came out and found me and towed me back it...

would have been a $400+ tow.

worth every penny like everyone else said. but you never feel so helpless when you in the middle of a huge lake... suns going down.... cell phone is about to die... and your boat takes a crap on you... it was a very eeerry feeling not being able to do anything...

So yea... i waiting a hour maybe longer, but they were able to get enough info out of me before my phone died...

I think I am going to switch to Boat US. My company is overcharging me in my opinion. They are double what Boat Us wants to cover me! Stay away from Progressive if you live in Fl.

Its the other way around for me! progressive is more than double what Boat US quoted me. I've got auto policy with them and still no love! Other than price there is nothing wrong with progressive.

Former Boat US member

I gave up on Boat US, when they left me stranded in the C&D Canal in MD. I was in my big boat with 2 overheated engines. They told me atleast 3 hours to get me, and I COULD SEE THE TOW BOAT at the dock! They were not very helpfull or comforting. Thank goodness for a good samaritan, who took me in tow to the next marina with service available. I've been with Sea Tow for 4 years now and absolutely LOVE them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back