Bleeding Oil lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water sports

We are in the process of replacing all the oil lines and oil filters on a Sea-Doo Speedster 787 jet boat.twin engine, We have poured new oil into the oil tank approximately just over halfway and replaced all oil lines and filters, however when we open the bleed screw on each oil pump the oil does come out however the oil lines have a lot of air in the Lines including the oil pipes from the oil tank down to the engine sump these do not appear to be bleeding all the air out, can someone please let me know how to get the air out on both the oil lines going down to each oil pump on each motor and both oil lines going to the bottom of the engine sump, I am desperate I have tried this now about six times.

Last edited:
Sometimes air gets trapped at the filters. You need to pull the hose off the top of the filter to break the vacuum then the bleed screw should get the rest out.

The rotary bath sump is just gravity fed so it will purge any air out on by itself.

Sometimes air gets trapped at the filters. You need to pull the hose off the top of the filter to break the vacuum then the bleed screw should get the rest out.

The rotary bath sump is just gravity fed so it will purge any air out on by itself.
Okay thanks for that so I shouldn’t be too concerned about the air in the large pipes down to the bottom of the engine as you said these will bleed themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back