• This site contains eBay affiliate links for which Sea-Doo Forum may be compensated.

Bimini top suggestions for speedster 150

Status
Not open for further replies.

thor7000

In the process of buying a speedster 150 but it doesn't have a bimini top...the dealer wants a small fortune for one so what other options do I have for a well built top that I can use at full throttle??

Thanks,

JM camper is the cheapes on OEM biminis. Most aftermarket wont fir under a cover. Look them up. They are the largest volume seadoo dealer and beat anyone else on price for biminis.

Thanks Foster.....just checked out their website, great prices....less then half then what the dealer up hear quoted me!!!

Check ebay, I have seen factory ones on there. You will pay about $370. for one. Just be sure you get the one built like the factory ones. The struts are bent an angles so it fits the hull perfectly.

Matt

Hold On

I would not install any of the following if going over 50 mph:

- Any bimini which has straps, especially straps which are held by screws into the fiberglass
- Any cheap bimini

If you are going 50+, and a 20 mph wind also hits the bimini, it will rip the screws right out of the fiberglass and you will be in damage control mode.

Here is one situation where having a wake tower helps - a tower-fastened bimini is much more rugged

I agree totally, I never run over 30 MPH with my bimini up. They are not for going fast at all. THey are really more for going slow or pulled up on the beach. Or like myself, touring at about 25 mph for long distance. But if I am running with a PWC group. I dont even bother putting it up.

Matt

Yeah i searched all over. JM is the cheapest you will find the OEM version anywhere. I had a cheap one off ebay that fit great and worked awesome, it was just too big to fit under the cover so it had to come off.

JM camper is the cheapes on OEM biminis. Most aftermarket wont fir under a cover. Look them up. They are the largest volume seadoo dealer and beat anyone else on price for biminis.

Does anyone know if the JM camper bimini comes with the necessary mounting hardware? I e-mailed JM camper but never received a response.

Yeah they do. The OEM Bimini's are very nice. They come with everything you need.

Well see that's the problem. I'm not sure if the JM Camper biminis were true OEM or made by a subcontractor to OEM specs. I believe that the latter is the case so I don't know if they come with the mounting hardware or not.

Well I did all the research before. What I am saying isn't what I believe or what I heard from someone else. It is 100% fact based off the homework I did. I have the proof sitting in my garage. JM is the largest volume Sea Doo dealer. So they can sell stuff at awesome prices. They are selling the same OEM bimini as you would get if you ordered it on the boat from the factory. They don't even have them in stock. It will be shipped to you from the factory in Canada. Very high quality bimini. You won't find it cheanper.

Last edited by a moderator:
While cruising through classifieds on the web I came across a guy selling a 2007 speedster 150 with a bimini top which he claimed was for high speed use...was a full framed top with no strap. It was a bimini top only and not a complete tower....anybody know if they exist??

Need to get one for the speedster this spring.....I did have one on my sportster which was the OEM top and I used it all the time even at full throttle without any problems.

Well I did all the research before. What I am saying isn't what I believe or what I heard from someone else. It is 100% fact based off the homework I did. I have the proof sitting in my garage. JM is the largest volume Sea Doo dealer. So they can sell stuff at awesome prices. They are selling the same OEM bimini as you would get if you ordered it on the boat from the factory. They don't even have them in stock. It will be shipped to you from the factory in Canada. Very high quality bimini. You won't find it cheanper.

Thank you very much! I've been looking for an definitive answer to this all winter. I'll be sending in an order to JM very soon.

to put cover on do ya lay top down on rear deck of boat, and when traveling fast do ya put in the stored up position, or lay down on boat deck?

I lay it back flat to cover the boat. I usually have it up in the folded back position while out on the water. I've done 50+ mph with no problems. With it extended open 30's are no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back