Bimini Mount Question?stock vs Aftermarket

Status
Not open for further replies.

renomaan

Hey guys,

I want to add a bimini to my 05 speedster200 in spring but I want to make sure it works with my cover and is strong.

Questions:

How does the SeaDoo factory Bimini mount to the boat? to the rails somehow? or does the hull get drilled like aftermarket units.

Does the factory cover fit over the factory Bimini? Will it also fit over aftermarket units?

SSteel poles and fittings or Aluminum?

I need to dig deeper, but are there any "How to" install links on this site for adding step by step -Bimini installs?

Thx

SSsteel poles are too expensive now a days. The company that makes the bimini will have all the work done for you depending on what company you gp with. I had a custom one made for my 2008 speedster to fit my needs. It has a smaller brim and I can leave it up at full speed with a cross wind and it hasn't failed me yet. I went with straps front and back so I can lay it down by my self to get under the bridges near my house to get to the ICW. My cover fits under my boat cover too, that is how I designed mine.

Karl

Bimini's and Cover

The problem with aftermarket "bimini in a box" is that most of the time the bimini bows are not the right shape "perfect radius" and location of the OEM Bimini which makes the OEM Cover or my cover (poppycompany.com) cover fit differenly.

The aftermarket usually is cheaper but you might have to take it off to get your cover to work. Also, be aware of shipping costs on an aftermarket. Its usually over $100 just for shipping becuase it is so big, it is not UPS Shippable. So if it doesn't work and who you bought it from will take it back, thats $200 wasted. You might be better buying the OEM from your dealer and letting him pay shipping or have a local upholstery shop make it to work with your cover. Make sure you have your cover with you or you will have to be buying a custom cover too!

Make sure you get Aluminum poles with stainless hardware. Your cover is made of Solution-Dyed Polyester.

The OEM Cover and my the cover I have for your Seadoo works with OEM Bimini. The Bimini lays down and the cover goes other the top.

You can email me if you have other questions. terri@poppycompany.com

Good Information Terri. I have see a lot of your covers in use and think the quality and fit is pretty good. Have you thought of advertising here as a sponsor? Let me know if your interested.

Karl

I too purchased the factory bimini and factory cover for my 2007 Speedster. I was very disappointed that the cover does not have a custom fit for the bimini as it does for the tower, that I don't have.

It can go over the bimini, but causes great strain on the poles and cover materials around the side mounts. It also required an extra strap underneath to hold the cover on. It kept slipping off, even though very tight.

The cover fits well once the bimini is removed, but the rear support mounts will wear through the cover in no time.

I have thought about have some customization done to the cover so the bimini would rest on top of the cover, but have not had the time.

Good thing the boat is stored in the garage, but it still gets dusty.

Stuart

I too purchased the factory bimini and factory cover for my 2007 Speedster. I was very disappointed that the cover does not have a custom fit for the bimini as it does for the tower, that I don't have.

It can go over the bimini, but causes great strain on the poles and cover materials around the side mounts. It also required an extra strap underneath to hold the cover on. It kept slipping off, even though very tight.

The cover fits well once the bimini is removed, but the rear support mounts will wear through the cover in no time.

I have thought about have some customization done to the cover so the bimini would rest on top of the cover, but have not had the time.

Good thing the boat is stored in the garage, but it still gets dusty.

Stuart

where your cover rubs on the bimini mounts are on your boat id get patches added the the inside of the cover, then when it wheres through th patch you just get a new one put in or just put a rag or piece of foam over them befor putting the cover on. I do this with the bigger boat to save the cover. 2001 doral with and still have the factory cover and the only time it inside is during the winter. Another thing i do is spray down my cover with a water proof and UV protecting spray, cant remember witch one i used though. If you look after your cover it should last a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back