Beeps, No Crank

FoxRcng708

I have a 2007 RXT 215. Ran fine all week, it was shut off via Stop Button, and now it will not turnover. It's not battery or solenoid. And when I jump the solenoid it turns over but won't start. When I hook it up to CanDoo and do a fuel injector test, then jump solenoid, it will start, but die once fuel is burned. So it's getting spark but something isn't activating the fuel and the solenoid. The fuel pump goes on as well. The button is good too. It's gotta be something simple and dumb, just looking for some insight

4 quick beeps, is a reminder the key has been left on the post. Do you ever get two beeps? Charge your battery and have it load tested.

It won't start unless you get 2 beeps when you put the key on the post, the ECM does not recognize the key you're using.

Keys are the right ones, both don't work, going to assume the dess post took a crap, anybway that you know to test them? I can't seem to find anything on testing the 4 wire posts. They are only $80, could jist grab a new one, that would make the most sense if that's the problem

I'm just thinking, what would cause the MPEM to not read the key? It's nothing mechanical, that part works because the ski powers on and all that, it just doesn't read the key, is that a MPEP problem? Or a Dess post problem? Does that make sense? I guess it could be however the post sends the signal could be bad. I just really don't think the brain is bad..

I'm just thinking, what would cause the MPEM to not read the key? It's nothing mechanical, that part works because the ski powers on and all that, it just doesn't read the key, is that a MPEP problem? Or a Dess post problem? Does that make sense? I guess it could be however the post sends the signal could be bad. I just really don't think the brain is bad..
Time to download a service manual if you don’t have one. Pretty sure the 07 has the ECM. Yes it’s usually the dess post but can also be the ECM. The 06/07 are a pain in the butt.

Yup, i have all the shop manuals for all of my PWCs,.they are a must. I'm going to do the tests they have for the post tomorrow and I'll see what happens. It's just weird, and another reason I don't think it's the ecm, is it ran perfect, shut off, and then had the long beep issue. Plus I can do everything with the BUDS. Program Keys, test injectors, coils, and everything else, so hopefully it's just a bad wire or bad post all together rather then the ecu

Update*** so I feel pretty stupid that I didn't notice the initial long beep telling me it wasn't reading the key. I just assumed that the key always worked, why would it just stop working, and we know what happens when you assume..
Anyway, so with that information, I tested the DESS post according to the Shop manual, and I had around 300 ohms of resistance on Black wire to Post Ring, all others tested perfect. After testing, pulling apart the Deutsche Connector,re setting the pins, and plugged everything back together got two beeps and started right up. So I'm going to order a new post. Something is definitely going on with the ground, which now actually makes sense for a few reasons.
This was definitely made alot more annoying then it had to be because I didn't notice the first long beep.

I appreciate the back and forth, just talking with someone else helps and makes you think differently!

It won't start unless you get 2 beeps when you put the key on the post, the ECM does not recognize the key you're using.

You just solved the problem I was having. I have mine in the garage ready to start poking around for a bad connection, battery, or something. I've even been looking at schematics. After reading this, I discovered that I was not always getting the two beeps. Wiggling or reconnecting the key resolved the problem. Starts fine.

You just solved the problem I was having. I have mine in the garage ready to start poking around for a bad connection, battery, or something. I've even been looking at schematics. After reading this, I discovered that I was not always getting the two beeps. Wiggling or reconnecting the key resolved the problem. Starts fine.
Awesome, I would suggest getting a new post, $100 for some assurance. Did you put a meter on the wires and test it at all?

Back